Lot size in strategy tester

Hi,

I am wondering how to change lot size in strategy tester, is that possible or do I have to edit something in the source code of my EA?
Best regards
Ekv

Ekvationen:
Hi,

I am wondering how to change lot size in strategy tester, is that possible or do I have to edit something in the source code of my EA?
Best regards
Ekv

You change it in exactly the same way as you would with the EA on a live chart.

Keith Watford:

You change it in exactly the same way as you would with the EA on a live chart.

And how do I do that? Since when im editing my EA from 0.1 to 1.0 it still trades with 0.1...

Ekvationen:

And how do I do that? Since when im editing my EA from 0.1 to 1.0 it still trades with 0.1...

Define what you mean by "editing"

Exactly what are you editing?

Keith Watford:

Define what you mean by "editing"

Exactly what are you editing?

The source code of my EA in MetaEditor.

Ekvationen: The source code of my EA in MetaEditor.

Just because you edit your code will not change the saved input parameter values in the tester.

For example, if you have an input parameter called "Lots" and the first time you ran it, you set it to 0.1, and then edited your code to make the default setting 1.0, it will still continue to test it at 0.1 because those are the settings that are saved in your setup in the tester.

So, don't change it in the code between tests. Just go to the Parameter inputs and set it there!

Fernando Carreiro:

Just because you edit your code will not change the saved input parameter values in the tester.

For example, if you have an input parameter called "Lots" and the first time you ran it, you set it to 0.1, and then edited your code to make the default setting 1.0, it will still continue to test it at 0.1 because those are the settings that are saved in your setup in the tester.

So, don't change it in the code between tests. Just go to the Parameter inputs and set it there!

Thanks

Reason: