VPS Subscription

I already have subscribed a VPS for one month period and I activetd in my account mt4 platform but my EA still don't open any trade sense one week now

Any help in that please 

If everything is fine with VPS (and you can see it from two VPS logs: VPS log and "VPS with EA" log) so it may be something with your EA (and you as a coder or the coder of this EA should know about it): EA is using dll or EA is calling some external resources (web calendar or any).

Try to sinchronize once again, check log files, and check the code of your EA.

------------------

It is some general information about MQL5 VPS for MT4/MT5

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

vps not working

Sergey Golubev, 2018.11.24 18:01

VPS is the copy of your Metatrader in the cloud.
To make this copy of your Metatrader in cloud so you need to open chart (or charts) and attach your EA to the chart (or to the charts) to ready to trade.
After that - you make the migration: you are synchronizing your Metatrader with open charts with EA attached to the charts - with the copy of your Metatrader in the cloud.

Once you synchronized (once you sent everything to VPS) so you can close your pc (in you want): your EA will work on VPS (means: your EA will work on the copy of your Metatrader in cloud).

And all those actions (with possibe errors) are written in your VPS log files (you can check it inside your home Metatrader).

---------------

To make it shorter:

• Your MQL5 VPS = your "2nd Metatrader in cloud". I mean: there is the cloud (somewhere). And there is "your second Metatrader" there ... this "second Metatrader in cloud" is empty ... you will need to provide migration/synchronize.
  • Migration = sending your EAs/indicators/open charts from your home Metatrader to MQL5 VPS (to "your Metatrader in cloud").
  • You can synchronize the settings/open charts/EAs/settings of your EAs/changing the settings of your EA/opened charts - from your home Metatrader with MQL5 VPS (with "your Metatrader in cloud"). You can synchronize many time (as many as you want).
  • Only open chart(s) with attached EA(s) can be migrated (can be synchronized) from your home Metatrader to MQL5 VPS (to "your Metatrader in cloud").
  • Your EA(s) will work on MQL5 VPS (on "your 2nd Metatrader in cloud"), and you can close your home Metatrader, or use your home Metatrader with the other trading account, or any.
  • Autotrading is always On in MQL5 VPS ("your second Metatrader in cloud" is having autotrading to be always ON irrespective of the settings of your home Metatrader).
  • (limitation) Your EA will not work on MQL5 VPS (on "your 2nd Metatrader in cloud") if EA is using dll irrespective off -  you allowed dll or not in your home Metatrader (irrespective of the settings of your home Metatrader). It is necessary to see the code or to be a coder to know: your EA is using/calling dll or not).
  • (limitation) It must be 64-bit client terminal to use virtual hosting - means: your home Metatrader should be 64-bit.

---------------

Sergey Golubev:

If everything is fine with VPS (and you can see it from two VPS logs: VPS log and "VPS with EA" log) so it may be something with your EA (and you as a coder or the coder of this EA should know about it): EA is using dll or EA is calling some external resources (web calendar or any).

Try to sinchronize once again, check log files, and check the code of your EA.

------------------

It is some general information about MQL5 VPS for MT4/MT5 - Actually my EA is work good because when I drag it in the char and switch on auto trading in my network server I did not get any problem, when I sinchronize my account with VPS and is showing me everything is work but my EA don't open any trade more than one week 

Actually my EA is work good because when I drag it in the char and switch on auto trading in my network server I did not get any problem, when I sinchronize my account with VPS and is showing me everything is work but my EA don't open any trade more than one week 

AliAlmishal:

Please don't post your reply inside the quote box. I have edited your post to move it outside.

AliAlmishal:
Actually my EA is work good because when I drag it in the char and switch on auto trading in my network server I did not get any problem, when I sinchronize my account with VPS and is showing me everything is work but my EA don't open any trade more than one week 

Your network server does not have much limnitation so that is why you do not have a problem with your EA.
And I provided all the information I know about why EA may not work on VPS (about VPS limitations).

I am not a coder so I can not check any EA's code about possible limitations to work on VPS sorry.

Hi,

How do I start a VPS subscription from my MT4 Platform?

Thanks

SamitR:

Hi,

How do I start a VPS subscription from my MT4 Platform?

Thanks

read post #4
missing signal trades
missing signal trades
  • www.mql5.com
I have been subscribed to a signal for 1 month and up until now have had only 2 trades have been made on my account...
Reason: