vps not working - page 2

Your EA should not work when your PC is on.
Because your EA must work on VPS, not on your local computer.

......................................................................................

When syncing my computer does not work

I'm running it again, the problem stems from this

When the expert closes while syncing at vps, I am doing it again active on the pc
so does the error vps also not work

Engin BİNDAŞ:
I worked the first week I rented, then didn't work vps.
I even wrote in the forum, I gave support. They did not solve the problem.
I was asked to write to the forum.

It means that VPS with same EA works for one week when you rented, and stoped working when you paid?
--------------

The support will not solve because the service desk is dealing with the financial issue (for example, you will want to refund so you can write to the service desk).
And the possible technical issues should be discussed on the forum ..

--------------

Besides, you told that your EA is not using/calling dll.
How do you know it?

--------------

Anyway, VPS log files will be required because the words are nothing ...
Having your VPS log files - the users can see: the name of VPS server, synchronized or not, when, and more ...
If no any logs so ... it is impossible to help ...

--------------

Let's wait for Monday, ok? 

Engin BİNDAŞ:
When the expert closes while syncing at vps, I am doing it again active on the pc
so does the error vps also not work

Why do you make your EA to be active on PC (to trade on same account with autotrading to be ON) if you are using VPS for that?
Are you sure that EA is coded in correct way?
I mean: same chart ... same magic number ... to open the trades on same trading account on two Metatrader instances (on your home pc and instance on VPS) ...
It shosuld be coded in right way to do it ...

I am just trying to help.
Because if I will write to the service desk to MQ team asking them - 

• "Can you help this user? He paid for MQL5 VPS, and his VPS does not work."
  • They will ask: "Which name of the VPS server he paid for?"
  • I will reply: "I do not know."
  • They will ask: "can you attach his VPS log files so we can check the errors?"
  • I will reply: "He did not provide it."
  • They will ask: "His EA is not using dll, right? ... can we check it?"
  • I will reply: "he did not provide anything ... no logs, no codes, no facts ... nothing."
  • They will tell: "We can not help in this case sorry."

-------------------

Anyway, let's wait for Monday when the market will be open.

I guess I don't understand how vps works.
I thought the expert should be run again after synchronization.

No problem in ea files running smoothly on computer
dell files are installed correctly, and there is no problem

Let me wait on Monday, if the problem persists I will write to you

Engin BİNDAŞ:
I guess I don't understand how vps works.
I thought the expert should be run again after synchronization.

VPS is the copy of your Metatrader in the cloud.
To make this copy of your Metatrader in cloud so you need to open chart (or charts) and attach your EA to the chart (or to the charts) to ready to trade.
After that - you make the migration: you are synchronizing your Metatrader with open charts with EA attached to the charts - with the copy of your Metatrader in the cloud.

Once you synchronized (once you sent everything to VPS) so you can close your pc (in you want): your EA will work on VPS (means: your EA will work on the copy of your Metatrader in cloud).

And all those actions (with possibe errors) are written in your VPS log files (you can check it inside your home Metatrader).

---------------

To make it shorter:

• Your MQL5 VPS = your "2nd Metatrader in cloud". I mean: there is the cloud (somewhere). And there is "your second Metatrader" there ... this "second Metatrader in cloud" is empty ... you will need to provide migration/synchronize.
  • Migration = sending your EAs/indicators/open charts from your home Metatrader to MQL5 VPS (to "your Metatrader in cloud").
  • You can synchronize the settings/open charts/EAs/settings of your EAs/changing the settings of your EA/opened charts - from your home Metatrader with MQL5 VPS (with "your Metatrader in cloud"). You can synchronize many time (as many as you want).
  • Only open chart(s) with attached EA(s) can be migrated (can be synchronized) from your home Metatrader to MQL5 VPS (to "your Metatrader in cloud").
  • Your EA(s) will work on MQL5 VPS (on "your 2nd Metatrader in cloud"), and you can close your home Metatrader, or use your home Metatrader with the other trading account, or any.
  • Autotrading is always On in MQL5 VPS ("your second Metatrader in cloud" is having autotrading to be always ON irrespective of the settings of your home Metatrader).
  • (limitation) Your EA will not work on MQL5 VPS (on "your 2nd Metatrader in cloud") if EA is using dll irrespective off -  you allowed dll or not in your home Metatrader (irrespective of the settings of your home Metatrader). It is necessary to see the code or to be a coder to know: your EA is using/calling dll or not).
  • (limitation) It must be 64-bit client terminal (MT5) to use virtual hosting - means: your home Metatrader 5 should be 64-bit.
    MT4 does not have this limitation (because MT4 is always on 32-bit).
  • global variables: post

---------------

New MetaTrader 5 platform build 4260: General improvements
New MetaTrader 5 platform build 4260: General improvements
  • Sergey Golubev
  • www.mql5.com
The MetaTrader 5 platform update will be released on Friday, March 22, 2024...

Comments that do not relate to this topic, have been moved to "VPS not working".
Please do not add any more comments to this topic unless you are the OP.
Reason: