Why can't we read applicants ratings?

Before we used to be able to read each and every rating. Now it just labels the applicant by number and shows basic stats of there ratings. I just hired someone who had a pattern of taking a very long time to complete projects with a lot of errors. Now I couldn't read there reviews to know that only after I hired them I could read their reviews. Is there a way I can read applicant reviews before hiring them? I want to make sure I don't get into the same situation as I did with the last programmer I hired. 

I think it is "best for all" solution.

Case 1: everyone can read reviews.

Imagine, you are a developer, you you started not really good, and had some delays and errors when you first joined the industry. But now, today you have already learned a lot, and a perfect dev, but the reviews from the past still prevent new customers to order tasks to you. You are sad, customers missing out on a good developer like you.

Imagine, you are a customer, you are looking for a perfect developer with a lot of experience, like the guy above, but you read the reviews on his profile that were made a few years ago, and missing out on a great developer.

Case 2: customers can see overall stats for developer.

Developer has another chance to become a great developer.

Customer has more probability to hire a great developer.

Ilham Djumatov:

Imagine, you are a developer, you you started not really good, and had some delays and errors when you first joined the industry. But now, today you have already learned a lot, and a perfect dev, but the reviews from the past still prevent new customers to order tasks to you. You are sad, customers missing out on a good developer like you.

Imagine, you are a customer, you are looking for a perfect developer with a lot of experience, like the guy above, but you read the reviews on his profile that were made a few years ago, and missing out on a great developer.

What's the point of having reviews if you can't read them before hiring them? In my case, it cost me money and time since I couldn't read the programmers reviews. I could have saved myself over a month of issues primarily only look at recent reviews. I take everything into consideration when hiring someone. I realize everyone has some bad reviews but some people have a pattern of behavior. Also what if you had a problem with a programmer and you accidentally hire them again. You have no way to see what there name is     

Ilham Djumatov:

Thats an interesting point of view but you are essentially taking the value out of the reviews .
A freelancer with only good reviews is not as good as a freelancer with initially bad reviews and good ones later on?
The best could be if the project owner could see the reviews but not the names associated with them , and also a notification if they have worked in the past together on a project.

Reason: