Beginner : My copied signals give me a double entry ! Help !

Hello, 

I subscribed to a couple of signals, one of them just gave me a massive DD, double that of the signal, and thats when I just noticed each time the provider places one trade, MT4 places 2 in my account...

I've been wondering why that is. I have the computer at home running MT4, and I also took at virtual server. after reading that this way the signal would not be interrupted.. is that why ? 2 platforms open, so 2 signals ? Any other reasons ?

And so what would be the solution ?

Thanks in advance

Guillaume

GuillaumeDXB:

Hello, 

I subscribed to a couple of signals, one of them just gave me a massive DD, double that of the signal, and thats when I just noticed each time the provider places one trade, MT4 places 2 in my account...

I've been wondering why that is. I have the computer at home running MT4, and I also took at virtual server. after reading that this way the signal would not be interrupted.. is that why ? 2 platforms open, so 2 signals ? Any other reasons ?

And so what would be the solution ?

Thanks in advance

Guillaume

You are copying the signal twice, in your local MT4 platform and on VPS too.

When you complete your synchronization of your signal settings with the VPS, you don't need to tick again the: Enable Real Time Signal Susbcription, option in the Signals settings, of your local MT4 platform, because like that you will copy the signal twice.

Eleni Anna Branou:

You are copying the signal twice, in your local MT4 platform and on VPS too.

When you complete your synchronization of your signal settings with the VPS, you don't need to tick again the: Enable Real Time Signal Susbcription, option in the Signals settings, of your local MT4 platform, because like that you will copy the signal twice.

Hi, Eleni, 

Thanks so much but so...

What's the point of the VPS ? It's in case my computer shuts down on its own, or if I take the laptop with me ?

Second, I can't find where to "tick again the: Enable Real Time Signal Susbcription, option in the Signals settings, of my local MT4 platform"

There is only the option to synchronize...

Regards

Guillaume

GuillaumeDXB:

Hi, Eleni, 

Thanks so much but so...

What's the point of the VPS ? It's in case my computer shuts down on its own, or if I take the laptop with me ?

Second, I can't find where to "tick again the: Enable Real Time Signal Susbcription, option in the Signals settings, of my local MT4 platform"

There is only the option to synchronize...

Regards

Guillaume

I have just found it, and it's unticked... how should I do ?

GuillaumeDXB:
I have just found it, and it's unticked... how should I do ?

Ask your signal provider, in some cases you should tick this option (for longer term trading), but for scalping or short term strategies, you shouldn't because you could end up re-opening positions that you've closed, because they are still open on the signal's side.

The use of VPS helps you avoid power and internet connection outages.

Reason: