saving in Metaeditor

Thank you for assisting me. I really don't know much about computers and the such.

when I download a robot I purchased from a freelancer, it shows in Metaeditor, but it won't save the program. The "save" portion of the menu won't save it. I can't see it in the left file section. It may help to know that I have more than one platform running. Can anyone assist with this?

• If it is ex4 file so place it in experts forder and restart Metatrader 4. Where to find experts folder? In Metatrader's menu: File - Open data Folder - and so on.
  • If it is ex5 file so place it in experts folder and restart Metatrader 5. Where to find experts folder? In Metatrader's menu: File - Open data Folder - and so on.
  • If it is source code (mq4 file)so place this file to experts folder (MT4), open MetaEditor, find this file in MetaEditor and click "Compile" button in MetaEditor.
  • If it is source code (mq5 file) so place this file to experts folder (MT5), open MetaEditor, find this file in MetaEditor and click "Compile" button in MetaEditor.
  • If you bought/rented/downloaded EA from the Market so it may be the different procedure.

After that - find this EA on the left side, and attach it to the chart.

maxbilllzzz:

Thank you for assisting me. I really don't know much about computers and the such.

when I download a robot I purchased from a freelancer, it shows in Metaeditor, but it won't save the program. The "save" portion of the menu won't save it. I can't see it in the left file section. It may help to know that I have more than one platform running. Can anyone assist with this?

And beware that there is no error after compilation.

Sergey,

Thank you so much, it really was that easy! I've printed your instructions, in case I need them in the future.

TheFrench,

Thanks for reminding me to compile!

Reason: