Downloading .ex4 file, Primary Computers .ex4 file looks different to the secondary Computers .ex4 file.

Our System:

Using: Mozilla Firefox

Windows 7 OS

MT4 " not" loaded in Program files (Not a UAC issue)

Downloading:

Email attachment with the .ex4 file,When I click on " Download ",Browse (Program to use to download the file), I use metaeditor.exe . Should I be using something different ?

File Looks different after being Downloaded:

On our Primary computer:

When I, "Right click the .ex4 file /properties/ General Tab, "Opens with: Windows Shell Commor

but on the Secondary computer,

When I, "Right click the .ex4 file /properties/ General Tab, "Opens with: MetaEditor, Does anyone know why it isn't the same as on the Primary computer ? Will it cause any issues? or is it just appearance which can be changed somewhere.

Thanks

barnacle7:

Our System:

Using: Mozilla Firefox

Windows 7 OS

MT4 " not" loaded in Program files (Not a UAC issue)

Downloading:

Email attachment with the .ex4 file,When I click on " Download ",Browse (Program to use to download the file), I use metaeditor.exe . Should I be using something different ?

File Looks different after being Downloaded:

On our Primary computer:

When I, "Right click the .ex4 file /properties/ General Tab, "Opens with: Windows Shell Commor

but on the Secondary computer,

When I, "Right click the .ex4 file /properties/ General Tab, "Opens with: MetaEditor Does anyone know why it isn't the same as on the Primary computer ? Will it cause any issues? or is it just appearance which can be changed somewhere.

Thanks

You can't edit the .ex4 file so there is no good reason to try and open it in MetaEditor . . . .ex4 should be associated with the MT4 terminal, if you must associate it with anything . . . but there is no need to associate it with anything, you need to copy it to the correct folder to be able to use it with MT4, simply opening it with MT4 by way of the association isn't going to help you.

Does it cause any issues save/Download the file using the MetaEditor ?

I download it to the MT4 Platform /experts folder and the file works when I run the EA. But it doesn't allow the Download without choosing a Program.

Does anyone have suggestions ? I have had a look at the browser and also Start/Default Programs, I can't see anything that needs to be changed, I am really not that knowledgeable on the PC, any suggestions are welcomed.

Thanks

barnacle7:

Does it cause any issues save/Download the file using the MetaEditor ?

I download it to the MT4 Platform /experts folder and the file works when I run the EA. But it doesn't allow the Download without choosing a Program.

Does anyone have suggestions ? I have had a look at the browser and also Start/Default Programs, I can't see anything that needs to be changed, I am really not that knowledgeable on the PC, any suggestions are welcomed.

Thanks

You have problems with your terminology and understanding what happens when you download a file . . . when you download a file from the Internet using a Browser there is no involvement from MetaEditor or the MT4 terminal . . .

If your Browser is doing things that you don't like then use a different Browser, I use Chrome . . . I guess you are using FriedFox ? you only need to choose the application if you Open the file, if you Save it there is no need to choose the application.

I could not download the EA.ex4 email attachment. it says the adobe does not support the file format or its corrupted. Please waht should i do?

1. Stop trying to open the ex4.

2. Put it in the <datafolder>\experts and open it using the terminal.
              Data Structure in MetaTrader 4 Build 600 and Higher - MQL4 Articles 2014.02.03

Reason: