Encrpyted .ex4 signal indicator into iCustom indicator for EA?

Hello,

I have an encrpyted .ex4 indicator that is for buy/sell signals. I'm wanting to be able to put that into an EA to open and close trades based on my rules for opening a trade. Is it at all possible to do if the .ex4 is encrypted? 

Thank you in advance for any help!!!

adub206:

Hello,

I have an encrpyted .ex4 indicator that is for buy/sell signals. I'm wanting to be able to put that into an EA to open and close trades based on my rules for opening a trade. Is it at all possible to do if the .ex4 is encrypted? 

Thank you in advance for any help!!!

in a sense, all ex4 and ex5 files are "encrypted" .
if by that you mean you don't have source code, it's not an obstacle. doc

Code2219 or probably 2319:

in a sense, all ex4 and ex5 files are "encrypted" .
if by that you mean you don't have source code, it's not an obstacle. doc

Thank you for your reply!

The link you've put there is exactly where I received my info about the iCustom indicator. 
Here is my scripting for my new .mq4 file:

double val=iCustom(NULL,0,"C:\Users\adubs206\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\977DAA59FB4CDBA569AB3A0248922121\MQL4\Indicators\\BuySell.ex4",13,1,0);
Does that look correct?
When I try to use this .mq4 file on my MT4 chart, it does nothing at all. Gives no error or anything. 

adub206:
Thank you for your reply!

The link you've put there is exactly where I received my info about the iCustom indicator. 
Here is my scripting for my new .mq4 file:

Does that look correct?
When I try to use this .mq4 file on my MT4 chart, it does nothing at all. Gives no error or anything

first, this is mq5 forum, i don't know squat about mq4. actually i don't know if i know anything about mq4 or not :)

second, codes don't pop up errors, you should check for errors after any function call, that is related to your unsatisfying result.

why

double val=iCustom(NULL,0,"C:\Users\adubs206\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\977DAA59FB4CDBA569AB3A0248922121\MQL4\Indicators\\BuySell.ex4",13,1,0);

just use

double val=iCustom(NULL,0,"BuySell.ex4",13,1,0);

Keith Watford:

why

just use

double val=iCustom(NULL,0,"BuySell",13,1,0);

omit .ex4

Fathullah Bin Mohd Rasid:

omit .ex4

Yes, you can omit the.ex4, but you don't have to.

Reason: