does anyone know what is minimum timeframe for mt4 EAs?

hello dear programmers

does anyone know how much a mt4 EA can be fast at its maximum execution or cancellation speed?

on the other hand can an EA on mt4 execute an order,placing an order,  close or cancel an order in 1 millisecond?

1 millisecond = 1/1000 second

or even 1 micro second = 1/1000000 second?

thank you previously

on the other hand how many times in 1second an mt4 EA can try to close or open a trade in normal speed of broker execution.

Seyedmajid Masharian:

hello dear programmers

does anyone know how much a mt4 EA can be fast at its maximum execution or cancellation speed?

on the other hand can an EA on mt4 execute an order,placing an order,  close or cancel an order in 1 millisecond?

1 millisecond = 1/1000 second

or even 1 micro second = 1/1000000 second?

thank you previously

you mean be as quick as you're seeing it in the tester ? you'll need a pristine connection for that. 

That vps shows a ping broker- vps <1ms but it goes up to ...

order #306005666 buy 0.15 / 0.15 USDJPY at 113.891 done in 2368.074 ms
modify #305954162 buy 0.15 USDJPY -> sl: 113.536, tp: 114.141 done in 2626.899 ms
modify #306005666 buy 0.15 USDJPY -> sl: 113.536, tp: 114.141 done in 2195.441 ms

With MT5 it's possible to test with an execution delay, I use 500ms as a standard value - because it goes up & down etc ... without lags due to memory

but in freelance some professionals told me minimum EA speed is 1 millisecond in mt4.

Seyedmajid Masharian:
but in freelance some professionals told me minimum EA speed is 1 millisecond in mt4.

The problem is not the "EA speed" but the internet latency and broker server.

Alain Verleyen:

The problem is not the "EA speed" but the internet latency and broker server.

yes i found its solution our vps is too important its operating system version also vps cpu and ram etc...

and finally its proximity to broker server.

and to find out how to calculate your latency the best and most reliable thing is command prompt:

https://www.onestepremoved.com/how-to-test-your-brokers-latency/

How To Test Your Broker’s Latency
How To Test Your Broker’s Latency
  • Shaun Overton
  • www.onestepremoved.com
It seems like a trivial thing, but the quality of the connection between you and your MetaTrader broker can dramatically affect the quality of execution. When the markets move rapidly, delays in milliseconds make the difference between execution at a requested price versus heavy slippage. It is a wise idea to ensure you do everything in your...
Reason: