MT4 crashes after history data download

To add comments, please log in or register
AHappyMan
AHappyMan  

Hi,

Trying to download history for majors, minors, and some crosses. After a download, MT4 crashes and never recovers. Only a full reinstall with deleting personal data helps. Tried on two different brokers. Any idea how to fix it? Need the data for backtesting.

Thanks in advance!

AHappyMan
AHappyMan  

Found a similar problem but w/out a solution,

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/154534

MT4 repeatedly crashing with large chart history
MT4 repeatedly crashing with large chart history
  • www.mql5.com
Hey guys - before I go into the issue, is this the correct place to ask about MT4 issues? Or if not, could someone please tell me the best place...
AHappyMan
AHappyMan  
As a solution, instead of loading using the center, simply pick each pair and in each time frame scroll a couple of pages back.
Segun Oladipo
Segun Oladipo  
MT4 Platforms seem to get heavier after downloading years of data for backtest and with time you run into problems. If you do not mind paying some bucks. I would recommend you use this third party application called Tick Data Suite. It will be worth it in the long run. 
Stanislav Korotky
Stanislav Korotky  
AHappyMan:

Trying to download history for majors, minors, and some crosses. After a download, MT4 crashes and never recovers. Only a full reinstall with deleting personal data helps. Tried on two different brokers. Any idea how to fix it? Need the data for backtesting.

Thanks in advance!

More info is required: operating system, the terminal version, hardware specification...

To add comments, please log in or register