Indicators: Price Alert

Price Alert:

Price Alert MetaTrader indicator plays sound alerts when the price reaches certain levels that are specified by the trader.

Author: Oluwadare Paul Oguntosin

Doubles rarely compare equal - Working with Doubles in MQL4 - MQL4 Articles

//++++ These are adjusted for 5 digit brokers.
int     pips2points;    // slippage  3 pips    3=points    30=points
double  pips2dbl;       // Stoploss 15 pips    0.0015      0.00150
int     Digits.pips;    // DoubleToStr(dbl/pips2dbl, Digits.pips)
int     init(){
    if (Digits == 5 || Digits == 3){    // Adjust for five (5) digit brokers.
                pips2dbl    = Point*10; pips2points = 10;   Digits.pips = 1;
    } else {    pips2dbl    = Point;    pips2points =  1;   Digits.pips = 0; }
    // OrderSend(... Slippage.Pips * pips2points, Bid - StopLossPips * pips2dbl
}
===========
//if ((Bid == SoundWhenPriceIsExactly
if (MathAbs(Bid - SoundWhenPriceIsExactly) < pips2dbl ...

thanks, will be update result if possible!

dicksonton:

thanks, will be update result if possible!

WHen my meta trader turn off/ PC turn off. Is alert can still send a notification? Thanks?

Aris Setiawan :
WHen my meta trader turn off/ PC turn off. Is alert can still send a notification? Thanks?
Of course not! When you turn off your computer MetaTrader not working.

This tool is interesting, but there is a limitation.

The message box only indicates a generic text "Price is above/below the alert level", without mentioning what price or what chart it is referred to. 

Imagine you are monitoring different markets and you decide to load this alert on different charts, with different price levels. Then at a certain point, the message pops up, saying "Price is above level" and nothing else. Evidently, it's hard to tell what is the chart that caused the message. 

You need to check visually all charts one by one. But the funny thing is that it's easy to tell what chart did NOT cause the alert (if the line is still on the chart, then the trigger was not activated) while it's impossibile to tell which one DID cause the alert (sa long there is no line, any chart could be the one).

Who would you solve this? Is it possible to add some graphic sign on the chart, or complete the message adding market name and/or trigger level?

It works perfectly as email message, though.

Stupid Price Alert needs to be modified

Like the guy above said it's basic Generic, doesn't tell you what chart it is alerting you to, might as well use the useless MT4 Alert

Here's one for MT5

I suggest you need to be using both by now i have sometimes 6 platforms open all with different Indicators and setups, hard to get everything on one platform.

---------------

[from moderator: link was deleted as the promotion of the market products is prohibited on the forum]

Reason: