live accounts do not work the same as demo and back test

I took time to fine all the code to make a bot work. back test it. Then use a demo accounts and it work very well. So I used it on a live accounts. but lossed £2000 pounds. AS you will see by the pic on the live account when I was at work it just dumped all the orders at one time. There for the on thing I can say is the code is not the same. So when they said to try it on back test then on demo accounts to see if it work if not try as the code is not the same. My demo account is up by £4525:-(

So how did you test your strategy? 

To know if a strategy really going to have a chance it has to be tested with accurate tick data, variable spreads and slippage to get as close to the real market behaviour as possible! MT4 does not have this feauture as standard and you have to use a third party program that provide theese very important feautures!

Example; You have let's say a scalper and with MT4 standard testing  it looks asum and very very profitable, then when you suddenly test it with variable spreads and slippage with accurate tickdata as Close to the real market conditions you get a whole new Picture of your startegy that maybe in theese new test totally fail.

5035396:
I took time to fine all the code to make a bot work. back test it. Then use a demo accounts and it work very well. So I used it on a live accounts. but lossed £2000 pounds. AS you will see by the pic on the live account when I was at work it just dumped all the orders at one time. There for the on thing I can say is the code is not the same. So when they said to try it on back test then on demo accounts to see if it work if not try as the code is not the same. My demo account is up by £4525:-(

don't understand this...
did you coding yourself? how do you know it's not the same? who are they?
what are you trying to say really..?

Kenneth Parling:

So how did you test your strategy? 

To know if a strategy really going to have a chance it has to be tested with accurate tick data, variable spreads and slippage to get as close to the real market behaviour as possible! MT4 does not have this feauture as standard and you have to use a third party program that provide theese very important feautures!

Example; You have let's say a scalper and with MT4 standard testing  it looks asum and very very profitable, then when you suddenly test it with variable spreads and slippage with accurate tickdata as Close to the real market conditions you get a whole new Picture of your startegy that maybe in theese new test totally fail.

It was my bot on mt5 and as you can see by the pic from today it was meant to spread out the orders at set intervals. But on the live acc it did not do that,  on any back testing, demo and any pairing it worked.

Mohamad Zulhairi Baba:

don't understand this...
did you coding yourself? how do you know it's not the same? who are they?
what are you trying to say really..?

I took the time to find all the codes to make a bot work.I back tested it, then used it on a demo account and it worked very well. So I used it on a live account but lost £2000 pounds. As you will see by the pic on the live account when I was at work it just dumped all the orders at once. There for the only thing I can say is the codes are not the same from a demo acc or a live acc. So when support chat said to try it on back test, then on demo account to see if it worked. My demo account is up by £4525:-(  I ran it in demo acc with no errors and back tested it with no errors. When I started it on a live acc a second time it then showed this error 2018.09.10 06:48:02.105 Trades '5035396': failed modify #6606938 buy 0.01 EURGBP sl: 0.79408, tp: 0.00000 -> sl: 1.00000, tp: 0.00000 [Invalid stops] Support then said this look below and I sent her the coding from the bot as also seen below. Her reply to this was she didn't know why it wouldn't work and suggested I ask here and email it all to the tech team.

this has to do with the EA you are using

Stop loss and Take Profit need to be a price.

input double MoneyTakeProfit = 40; // Profit (in money) there is

and it work on back test and demo

input ushort InpStopLoss = 1000; // ExtStopLoss same here

Live accounts do not work the same as demo and back test.

They have never worked the same as demo and back test.

This is normal and to be expected.

Some people think that Live accounts work the same as demo and back test.

But this is an error on their side.

I always ask them, who told you that a back test should be the same as a live account ?

What makes you think that ?

But they usually don't know the answer to those questions!

Marco vd Heijden:

Live accounts do not work the same as demo and back test.

They have never worked the same as demo and back test.

This is normal and to be expected.

Some people think that Live accounts work the same as demo and back test.

But this is an error on their side.

I always ask them, who told you that a back test should be the same as a live account ?

What makes you think that ?

But they usually don't know the answer to those questions!

So why do you show demo acc and backtesting on you page not live acc?

5035396:
So why do you show demo acc and backtesting on you page not live acc?

I am not showing any backtest or demo account on any page.

Reason: