Freelance Programming

Hi,

I have open a job request in freelance.

If i have accept A developer to dothe job and i decided to cancel it after weeks, is it possible? will i be penalise for it?

Thank you

I don't knoiw how your case is handled but before your next order read this: https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/4368
How to create Requirements Specification for ordering a trading robot
How to create Requirements Specification for ordering a trading robot
  • www.mql5.com
Trading robots are programs, which operate according to underlying algorithms. An algorithm is a set of actions that need to be performed in response to certain events. For example, the most common task in algo trading is the identification of the "New bar" event. When the event occurs, the robot checks the emergence of trading signals and acts...

Mohammad Rizal Bin Rahmat:
Hi,

I have open a job request in freelance.

If i have accept A developer to dothe job and i decided to cancel it after weeks, is it possible? will i be penalise for it?

Thank you

If you have accepted the developer and the money for the job is locked on your account, then you cannot cancel it.

If the job has not been done properly or the developer has gone over time excessively you can go to arbitration.

Keith Watford:

If you have accepted the developer and the money for the job is locked on your account, then you cannot cancel it.

If the job has not been done properly or the developer has gone over time excessively you can go to arbitration.

Can give me a details what is arbitration for?

I mean how it works. the process

Mohammad Rizal Bin Rahmat:

Can give me a details what is arbitration for?

I mean how it works. the process

It is to settle disputes.

There should be a button to click on on the right of the Comments screen

Is the job completed yet or not ?

There is existing a trend where people open up a job and then try to keep it open for as long as possible and talk to every coder that responds to phish for whatever ideas or information they can get.

Then after a while they delete the job and nobody made any money, they simply used freelance as a personal chat box with many coders as their talk pals.

I have seen at least ten jobs over the last month that simply vanished without ever being completed like that.

They ask for strategies, and screenshots, and whatever you have to offer to them to excite their minds, but they won't pay you.

Some nifty ones will try to lure you into providing demo's before even selecting you to do the job,

If you supply them with that and they see that their thing isn't profitable, they ignore you, make sure to be aware of those.. 

Do not provide anything before you are selected and the payment is locked.

Freelance has to be changed in a way that the payment is locked immediately upon opening a job and there will be a small fee when you want to cancel the job request.

This will prevent the info seekers that are wasting so many coders time. 

Keith Watford:

It is to settle disputes.

There should be a button to click on on the right of the Comments screen

I can see the button to cancel the job but at same time the $$ is lock. So if i press the cancel job with the money lock, what will happen?

Marco vd Heijden:

Is the job completed yet or not ?

There is existing a trend where people open up a job and then try to keep it open for as long as possible and talk to every coder that responds to phish for whatever ideas or information they can get.

Then after a while they delete the job and nobody made any money, they simply used freelance as a personal chat box with many coders as their talk pals.

I have seen at least ten jobs over the last month that simply vanished without ever being completed like that.

They ask for strategies, and screenshots, and whatever you have to offer to them to excite their minds, but they won't pay you.

Some nifty ones will try to lure you into providing demo's before even selecting you to do the job,

If you supply them with that and they see that their thing isn't profitable, they ignore you, make sure to be aware of those.. 

Freelance has to be changed in a way that the payment is locked immediately upon opening a job and there will be a small fee when you want to cancel the job request.

This will prevent the info seekers that are wasting so many coders time. 

The job i can say is about 50% complete. Stated 2 days on 17th Aug. Up to now is not there yet. I believe he read my post here and he immediately did somehing to have the $$ lock.

About arbitration search here just for "arbi" ..

Marco vd Heijden:

Seems like wise advice—a good rule of thumb.

I have done everything. I'm really stress and really feel frustrated. I feel i couldn't do anything. I want to talk to the admin but how to? the developer don't want to cancel the job. I'm really tired of explaining things to the developer.
Reason: