Experts: STP-Entry Framework Daily V1

STP-Entry Framework Daily V1:

Stop-Orders are used to enter a position. Pending orders and postions are handled based on a daily system. Risk and money management are included as well as time and dayfilters. The entry logik (STP-value calculation) can be easily changed.

Author: cheftrader

Unfortunately, there is an error in the code, which sends an email EVERY tick.

Just replace + by - in the 2nd if-clause:

double equity = AccountEquity();
  if(equity > sendmaillastequity + sendmailtreshold)
  {
       sendmaillastequity = equity;
       SendMail(systemname+MagicNumber, "Equity increased to: "+DoubleToStr(sendmaillastequity,0));
  }
  if(equity < sendmaillastequity - sendmailtreshold)
  {
       sendmaillastequity = equity;
       SendMail(systemname+MagicNumber, "Equity decreased to: "+DoubleToStr(sendmaillastequity,0));
  }

An addition to prevent that orders are placed (deleted on tick later) after the specified time:

//// Timefilter
   //Check #2: If holiday: no new orders
   if(DayOfWeek()==sunday || DayOfWeek()==saturday) return(0);
   //Check #3: If dayfilter is set: no new orders
   if(dayfilter != DayOfWeek() && dayfilter != allday) return(0);
   //Check #4: If dayfilter is set: no new orders
   if(TimeHour(TimeCurrent()) < hourfilter) return(0);
NEW NEW NEW NEW NEW NEW NEW:
   //Check #5: If it is too late tomplace an order:
   if(   (TimeHour(TimeCurrent()) >= NoNewPendingOrders_Hour) ||
         ((TimeHour(TimeCurrent()) >=NoNewPendingOrders_Hour_Friday) && DayOfWeek() == friday) ) return(0);

PS: I don't know how to replace me original source code file....

Hi i have put the file Daily_STP_Entry Frame V1.mq4 in the expert folder. but what to do with the file Signal YesterdaysHighLow V1.mqh ?, i have put it to all folders, but not showing in the Navigator window.

any help please?

Thanks in advanced

adaheem:

Hi i have put the file Daily_STP_Entry Frame V1.mq4 in the expert folder. but what to do with the file Signal YesterdaysHighLow V1.mqh ?, i have put it to all folders, but not showing in the Navigator window.

any help please?

Thanks in advanced

Hi, no one knows how to use those 2 files?

adaheem:
adaheem:

any help please?

Thanks in advanced

Please put the mqh-file in the <include> folder. This is the standard folder for mqh/include files.

cheftrader:
adaheem:
adaheem:

any help please?

Thanks in advanced

Please put the mqh-file in the <include> folder. This is the standard folder for mqh/include files.

And after puting it in that folder:Open the mq4 file and compile. Afterwards you should find the framework in the navigator.

Nice EA Chef, however I've been doing strategy testing over a similar time period as your report, and with 2010, it seems to have pretty much flat lined - E.g. it doesn't really make a profit at all in 2010. Any ideas why that may be occurring?

cheftrader:
cheftrader:
adaheem:
adaheem:

any help please?

Thanks in advanced

And after puting it in that folder:Open the mq4 file and compile. Afterwards you should find the framework in the navigator.

Thanks Chef i made as you told me. but its not opening any trade.

Thanks again

Ibbz:
Nice EA Chef, however I've been doing strategy testing over a similar time period as your report, and with 2010, it seems to have pretty much flat lined - E.g. it doesn't really make a profit at all in 2010. Any ideas why that may be occurring?

Yes, the example is almost flat in 2010 and depending on the actual spread during your test it can be even more flat. I recognized that the strategy tester uses the actual spread (ask-bid) at the start of the tester/optimizer. Hence results differ from test to test...this is ven more relevant for buy-stp-entries: The tester seems to use historic bid data. The ask quotes are generated by adding the actuall spread. Hence it can be the case that additional trades are generated (buy-stp triggered), if you start your backtest at a time with a big spread.

adaheem:
cheftrader:
cheftrader:
adaheem:
adaheem:

any help please?

Thanks in advanced

Thanks again

I found a bug in the code for brokers with a stoplevel > 0. Please set tsymbolSTOPLEVEL=0 in the code. Then the test should work (to use it as intended multiply tsymbolSTOPLEVEL with the correct point value).

cheftrader:
adaheem:
cheftrader:
cheftrader:
adaheem:
adaheem:

any help please?

Thanks in advanced

Thanks again

I found a bug in the code for brokers with a stoplevel > 0. Please set tsymbolSTOPLEVEL=0 in the code. Then the test should work (to use it as intended multiply tsymbolSTOPLEVEL with the correct point value).
2010.12.25 09:47:45 Cannot open file 'C:\Program Files\Go trader\experts\Daily_STP_Entry Frame V1.ex4' on the,
All I get is this
Reason: