[SOLVED] : why [trade disabled] errors occur during backtest ??? - page 2

Alain Verleyen:

Weird. Maybe something is cached ?

Can you try with an other MT5 Terminal ?

is there any way to reset the tester environment stuff ?

no other terminal, i just can unistall/install terminal .
is there any option beside this ?

i'll delete BrokerX tick data folder first, to see what happens, and retry the tests.if still same error, will reinstall the terminal and update this thread.

Code2219 or probably 2319:
is there any way to reset the tester environment stuff ?

Not one I am aware of.

deleted the broker's tick data . (Bases/BokerX demo01/... folder) and restarted the terminal. no help.

deleted the broker's tick data . (Bases/BokerX demo01/... folder) and restarted the terminal. no help.
What brokerX has to do here ? I thought the problem was on Metaquotes-Demo only.

Alain Verleyen:
What brokerX has to do here ? I thought the problem was on Metaquotes-Demo only.
all problems started after testing an EA with that broker. after that Metaquotes-Demo tests failed.
I don't know. just thought that those tick data maybe the only remnants of that back-test. :s

Oh God.....
reinstalled terminal, (deleted user data when uninstalling), and still the same damn [trading disabled] error.

How can this be possible ??? some EAs can be back-tested (so not a terminal/server problem).
while some EAs can't be back-tested. (and they were tested earlier with the same server without problem, so it's not the EA's problem).
this whole thing seems like a weird blockage or something similar.

don't know how to think for a solution anymore.

Oh God.....
reinstalled terminal, (deleted user data when uninstalling), and still the same damn [trading disabled] error.

How can this be possible ??? some EAs can be back-tested (so not a terminal/server problem).
while some EAs can't be back-tested. (and they were tested earlier with the same server without problem, so it's not the EA's problem).
this whole thing seems like a weird blockage or something similar.

don't know how to think for a solution anymore.

I don't have any problem. I just tried an EA backtest on Metaquotes-Demo.

If you can send a test case EA (ex5), I can try it if you want.

thanks to @Alain Verleyen ,problem was found to be setting the deviation to ULONG_MAX using the standard trade class function : SetDeviationInPoints()

do not use m_trade.SetDeviationInPoints(ULONG_MAX); when using CTrade class :)

the problem was setting the deviation to ULONG_MAX using the standard trade class function : SetDeviationInPoints()

Thanks for the credit ;-)

Code2219 or 2319 #:

thanks to @Alain Verleyen ,problem was found to be setting the deviation to ULONG_MAX using the standard trade class function : SetDeviationInPoints()

Thanks for your post. Spent almost half a day searching for the cause of error 10017. It is impossible to guess from it that the reason is in SetDeviationInPoints(ULONG_MAX).