Interchart Indicator

Hello Folks,

this question may be already answered 100ths of times. So pls dont rip my head off. I simply couldnt find an answer.

What i want: I want to program an indicator based on any timeframe and then i want this indicator displayed as an overlay on any lower timeframe price chart.

Lets say a 20 Day Close_based SMA on a 15min Chart. BUT!!!! i dont want the indicator simpy calculated based on the 15min chart.

I want the indicator ACTUALLY calculated based on the reference timeframe. Meaning that i dont want to find the last 20 daily closing prices on the 15min chart.

Is this possible in MQL5? If so, what functions am i looking for?

Thank you and Best Regards

AlCapown:

Hello Folks,

this question may be already answered 100ths of times. So pls dont rip my head off. I simply couldnt find an answer.

What i want: I want to program an indicator based on any timeframe and then i want this indicator displayed as an overlay on any lower timeframe price chart.

Lets say a 20 Day Close_based SMA on a 15min Chart. BUT!!!! i dont want the indicator simpy calculated based on the 15min chart.

I want the indicator ACTUALLY calculated based on the reference timeframe. Meaning that i dont want to find the last 20 daily closing prices on the 15min chart.

Is this possible in MQL5? If so, what functions am i looking for?

Thank you and Best Regards

1. yes, possible.
  2. same function as indicator use on daily chart, but multi-timeframe.

Reason: