Experts: Multi Lot Scalper - page 2

Well, I guess it was right when it made all those buys.  It is now at 3441. 85 since October 18th.

This strategy is awesome. I have been running it on demo since Oct. 22, 2006 and it now Oct. 26, 2006 and I am up $2882.55 trading all of the majors including the NZD/USD. What would I have to do in order to trade this live and to start with between $500 and $1,000. I recommend everyone try this one. I am averaging around $500 to $600 a day. If you backtest any of the majors from the beginning of the year until now, the results are amazing. Even if you are only gauranteed 10% -20% of the backtest results in the strategy tester, that alone should make you want to give this one a try. 

@ManualW:
  Just be careful with this code.  The way it really has no stops in it, so one bad trade could literally liquidate your account.  But to trade live with it, you just need to open an account.  Like I said, I started it on October 18th and it up nearly $3000 profit (barely 9 days), but one bad trade and it will all be gone.  Just remember, if you make a good mone with this script, get the hell out. :-P  Take some profit and leave some in for it to keep trading, but take your intial investment out just incase it hits that one bad trade.

My system went down yesterday and no more trades were completed.  Sorry if anyone was keeping up with the forward progress...

What months or days did you do your optimization in the 15M timeframe on?

sasuke:

I was doing my back-testing using Interbank software, from August 18th - October 17th. I was not using Alpari data (data does not match with Interbank, so I just used fully collected data). Then I started using the program on a live account on October 18th.

But as of Friday, October 27th, I have officially shut it down. My personal risk level just couldn't handle how much money it would trade at once with a possibilty of zero stop-loss. :)

asmocon:
sasuke:

I was doing my back-testing using Interbank software, from August 18th - October 17th. I was not using Alpari data (data does not match with Interbank, so I just used fully collected data). Then I started using the program on a live account on October 18th.

But as of Friday, October 27th, I have officially shut it down. My personal risk level just couldn't handle how much money it would trade at once with a possibilty of zero stop-loss. :)
Why don't you just code a stop loss into the EA?

sasuke:
asmocon:
sasuke:

Why don't you just code a stop loss into the EA?

The method of trading is that it will honestly trade the opposite way the market is moving. Like, it will pick "buy" to start off with. Then, if the market starts to drop, it will place another buy lower, and then as the market goes down, it places another buy even lower. So, I would have to figure out a way to assign a different stop-loss amount for each open position (each position it opens after each other one trades more and more lots).

Also, something in the code makes every position close all at once. So, when I did built in a normal stop-loss into the code, if one of the 5-positions that were open hit that stop number, all 5 positions instantly closed, which always resulted in a losses because you would usually have only the orders with very few lots break even, while the orders with mass amounts of lots would lose money since they were still so far down. Just needs some more work I guess...

asmocon:
Have had script running on the EUR/USD 15M chart since October 18th now. Initial deposit of $1000 and current balance (no open trades at the moment) is at $2139. 66. (today is October 23rd). Also, I am using Interbank.

hallo, i tried this strategy and it's very powerful in real trading. try this strategy with a higher timerframe - lower timeframes are looser.... for eurusd with a start of euro 10000,00 i use following setup: take profit = 50 or more (i use 100) // lots = 0,3 // initial stop = 100 // trailing stop = 3 // max trades = 10 // pips = 15 // secure profit = 10 thanks for this great code and all the best for trading fx.
Reason: