Indicators: Two Pole Smoothed Oscillator (based on Ehlers' Super Smoother)

Two Pole Smoothed Oscillator (based on Ehlers' Super Smoother):

This oscillator is based on Ehlers' Two Pole Super Smoother, converted as an oscillator, and smoothed using Ehlers' Instantaneous trendline. It does not retrace, and catch all the major cycles with a great accuracy.

On this screenshot, you can see how the oscillator finds the turning point of most cycles.

Author: Julien

Seems like a great indicator but cant get the Oscilliator indi to work. Just a blank space. Tried on 2 diff brokers and same thing happens.. nothing. Can you provide a compiled version?

pippimp:

Seems like a great indicator but cant get the Oscilliator indi to work. Just a blank space. Tried on 2 diff brokers and same thing happens.. nothing. Can you provide a compiled version?

Did you install the "Ehlers Two Pole Super Smoother Filter" indicator first?

You need to install this file with the exact same name, and compile it, because the "Ehlers Super Smoother Smoothed oscillator" indicator is loading it using iCustom().

I loaded the filter first and compiled it then I loaded the oscilliator and compiled that file.. Still nothing.. Just black space.. What broker platform are you using to load the chart?

Thanks

Theo

I discovered what it was...the filter file is copied with underlines between each word. These underlines have to be deleted and replaced with spaces when copying the file to the indicator folder. Otherwise the oscillator file will not work.

pippimp:

I discovered what it was...the filter file is copied with underlines between each word. These underlines have to be deleted and replaced with spaces when copying the file to the indicator folder. Otherwise the oscillator file will not work.

I'm glad the issue is solved :)

MQL4 Comments:

Hi, I am glad that you were able to solve the issue. I am a newbie and this indicators looks awesome and I am having the same issues you were having at the beginning but can't solve it. I would really appreciate if you could advise where these filter files are located. A screenshot or specific paragraph would really help. Thanks in advance.

In order to get the oscillator working download the two files.

Ehlers_Two_Pole_Super_Smoother_Filter.mq4

After downloading, rename the indicator "Ehlers_Two_Pole_Super_Smoother_Filter" to "Ehlers-Two Pole Super Smoother Filter"

Then put the two filters in the indicator folder and load it as usual.

Reason: