multiple idicators within another Indicator.

hello, please in MT4, (i.) can multiple indicators(4) be coded within another Indicator, Is it possible . Any specific examples.

example , BB, MACD, RSI  , MA  CCI.(All in one).

(II.)In indicators can the syntax,  'indicator_chart_window' and 'indicator_separate_window' be used in the same Indicator program? .

Thanks

MThomp:

hello, please in MT4, (i.) can multiple indicators(4) be coded within another Indicator, Is it possible . Any specific examples.

example , BB, MACD, RSI  , MA  CCI.(All in one).

(II.)In indicators can the syntax,  'indicator_chart_window' and 'indicator_separate_window' be used in the same Indicator program? .

Thanks

You can have as many buffers as you like (might be 500 something max) in a single indicator window. You  can't have one indicator draw buffers in 2 windows.

Note when using different buffers, if they are not all the same scale, they will look odd.

Keith Watford:

You can have as many buffers as you like (might be 500 something max) in a single indicator window. You  can't have one indicator draw buffers in 2 windows.

Note when using different buffers, if they are not all the same scale, they will look odd.

But are buffers the same indicators? or are you implying  that buffers will hold a number of indicators? (In this case, the indicators are being coded not ,manually added). One Indicator in Main chart whilst others are added in separate windows. All are  coded as an Indicator not Expert Advisor. Thank you.

Indicators use buffers to draw lines etc.

As I have already told you, an indicator cannot draw lines in multiple windows.

One indicator can draw both BB and MA in the chart window

MACD,RSI and CCI would not look right in a single separate window as they use different scales, although it could be done.

Reason: