Need Help Uncovering Trading Pattern

I observed a trader do very well over a two month period via a signal.  Completed over 13,000 trades with a 70% win rate, only 16% drawdown and over 115% return in two months.

I have log of the trades, so I would like to build an EA using this log.

Is that possible ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

britc17:

I observed a trader do very well over a two month period via a signal.  Completed over 13,000 trades with a 70% win rate, only 16% drawdown and over 115% return in two months.

I have log of the trades, so I would like to build an EA using this log.

Is that possible ?

Thanks!

How nice!

You are asking us to help you steal this person's hard work, right?

Subscribe to the signal if you are satisfied with what you see.

Perhaps this is the way you see it, 

1) The signal was turned off.

2) I was subscribed to the signal.

3) I don't think learning from someone else's trying style/pattern is stealing.  We've all learned from someone else. 

In addition, the signal provider is completely unreachable.  

britc17: I have log of the trades, so I would like to build an EA using this log. Is that possible ?

Only if you can come up with concrete rules covering all (or most) trades. This includes all indicators and their parameters. Better ask your "observed trader."

I apologize if you feel like this is "stealing".

I paid $200 a month for this signal and it ended over night.  The only reason I have access to these trades is because I paid for them.

I see no ethical issue in me reviewing these trades to uncover some of the strategy used in a signal I paid for.

I'd obviously contact the provider if that was possible, but the platform I use does not allow contact with provider.

Thanks

britc17:

I apologize if you feel like this is "stealing".

I paid $200 a month for this signal and it ended over night.  The only reason I have access to these trades is because I paid for them.

I see no ethical issue in me reviewing these trades to uncover some of the strategy used in a signal I paid for.

I'd obviously contact the provider if that was possible, but the platform I use does not allow contact with provider.

Thanks

So, if there is not stealing in the way, as you clearly clarified, what remains is a very difficult task.

You have no idea how these trades were made and the rules that were followed, unless a very clear pattern 'present' itself.

The signal provider could have been use one or more of countless indicators, that are impossible to know.

Also, you don't know if a manual strategy was used (it seems unlikely, due to the number of trades) or an expert advisor was at work.

What can give you a clue about the strategy is a close study of the trades of a particular trading day (must be about 200), in all timeframes, in order to try to see the logic behind them.

Thanks for the response Eleni-

I have studied them and it's clearly not a breakout or trend following system.  It is definitely selling into strength and buying weakness.  It uses very conservative money management, but manages to still be profitable because of the amount of trades it was able to crank out.

britc17:

Thanks for the response Eleni-

I have studied them and it's clearly not a breakout or trend following system.  It is definitely selling into strength and buying weakness.  It uses very conservative money management, but manages to still be profitable because of the amount of trades it was able to crank out.

Did you also got this profit, as a subscriber?

Because these scalping strategies with hundred of positions every day, are very difficult to copy, due to slippage.

I did. 

I use a very good ECN broker and many times made more profit than signal provider.

I've subscribed to many signals, and this is one of the best I've seen.

It used martingale but very conservatively.

britc17:

I did. 

I use a very good ECN broker and many times made more profit than signal provider.

I've subscribed to many signals, and this is one of the best I've seen.

It used martingale but very conservatively.

I wonder why it stopped, with such success.

Reason: