Indicators: TD Sequential

TD Sequential:

TD Sequential indicator based off of the criteria descripted in Jason Perl's book "Demark Indicators."

Author: Meleah Bridgeford

Hi LadyPips,

this work looks great (for me). I'm very new in (automated) trading and actually looking for good indicators.

One little question/tip: Because I studied the code - should the alert in the "Sell Countdown Setup" not called "Sell Countdown completed" (instead of Buy)?

Greets, TuRRiCAN

Oh, one thing more: while running the indicator i get a lot of error-messaged in the experts-Log called: "2009.06.04 21:20:43 MAB_TD_Sequential DE30,M1: name parameter for ObjectDelete function must be a string" Any ideas?

but now: greets and bye, TuRRiCAN

Sorry, again me:

You use:

ObjectDelete(Support);
ObjectDelete(Resistance);

at the beginning and in the "TDST Support and Resistance lines" -section of your programm, although you declared Support and Resistance as double and Array. This cant match.

(Why doesnt the compiler announce this?) But I think, thats the reason for this error-messages.

What do you had in plan with this objects?

Bye, TuRRiCAN

Yes, me: I commented all the ObjectDelete's out, that worked with Resistance, Support, bPerfected and sPerfected - and now: everything works fine - no errors...

okay, stupid I know...

I was having problems with the objects updating. So I had figured out that I needed to delete the objects in order to get them to update (so that I was not duplicating any object). This in turn made me paranoid and so I decided that I just needed to delete everything in order for it all to work right :)

Thanks for your comments! This has all been very helpful for me to see things that I need to pay closer attention to for my next indicator.

The indicator looks very well, thanks a lot!

There is just this bug, which writes a bunch of error messages in the log file. In just one day my log file increased to 18 GB (!).

So I looked in the code and there were some ObjectDelete functions with wrong parameters (as TuRRiCAN already assumed). Parameters should be strings (i.e. in parenthesis), indicating names of objects.

Like this:

ObjectDelete("Support");
ObjectDelete("Resistance");

Greetings, LeRo

LeRo:

The indicator looks very well, thanks a lot!

There is just this bug, which writes a bunch of error messages in the log file. In just one day my log file increased to 18 GB (!).

So I looked in the code and there were some ObjectDelete functions with wrong parameters (as TuRRiCAN already assumed). Parameters should be strings (i.e. in parenthesis), indicating names of objects.

Like this:

ObjectDelete("Support");
ObjectDelete("Resistance");

Greetings, LeRo

Hey LeRo,

Look at the newest version or just delete the ObjectDelete("support") and ObjectDelete("Resistance") in the code. This will solve the problem.

Hi!

Thank you for the TD Sequential indictator.

Are you planning to add Countdown recycle criteria soon?

I would it myself but I do not know how to code

Thanks!

marcb:

Hi!

Thank you for the TD Sequential indictator.

Are you planning to add Countdown recycle criteria soon?

I would it myself but I do not know how to code

Thanks!

Hey Marcb,

right now the indicator automatically recycles whenever a new Setup is started. I figured that this is the best way to do it for now because to me, the recycle portion of Demark's indicator is a little confusing and it sounds like, more often then not, that when a new setup is started the countdown will recycle anyway (based on the criteria given by Perl). If anyone feels the need to put in the specifics of the countdown recycle criteria, be my guest.

Hello, I have a new question!

I don't know, if it's "your" fault or the fault of Metratrader. After I compiled your Indicator and applied it to a window, everything works like it should. I set up the line-styles with solid.

But after a while, the line-styles of your indicator are changing from solid to dotted.

Do I make a new compile (during the run) the indicator switches back to solid lines ... and after a while back to dotted.

It seems so, that the MetaTrader starts with his own preset and after a while takes the preset of your code...

Any ideas, why???

I changed in the code to solid now and test, how long this will run so ...

Greetings, TuRRiCAN

Edit:

So far, the line style stays now solid - so let me concluse me: After a while of running, MetaTrader (or your indicator) switches the line-style back to the presets given in the code.

Thank you for your reply,

could you explain what the crosses mean?

I thought they were supposed to come out after a 12 because hy are like not perfected 13.

I am confused becsue sometimes they come out also after a number that is not 12 and they show in groups of 3 o 4.

Thanks

marcb:

Thank you for your reply,

could you explain what the crosses mean?

I thought they were supposed to come out after a 12 because hy are like not perfected 13.

I am confused becsue sometimes they come out also after a number that is not 12 and they show in groups of 3 o 4.

Thanks

The crosses should only come after 12 and they can show up as long as there isn't a perfected 13. Can you give the timeframe and pair that you are looking at where you encountered the problem?

TuRRiCAN:

Hello, I have a new question!

I don't know, if it's "your" fault or the fault of Metratrader. After I compiled your Indicator and applied it to a window, everything works like it should. I set up the line-styles with solid.

But after a while, the line-styles of your indicator are changing from solid to dotted.

Do I make a new compile (during the run) the indicator switches back to solid lines ... and after a while back to dotted.

It seems so, that the MetaTrader starts with his own preset and after a while takes the preset of your code...

Any ideas, why???

I changed in the code to solid now and test, how long this will run so ...

Greetings, TuRRiCAN

Edit:

So far, the line style stays now solid - so let me concluse me: After a while of running, MetaTrader (or your indicator) switches the line-style back to the presets given in the code.

Hey TuRRiCAN,

Do you know why this would happen? I would like to be able to change the code so that it doesn't happen and people don't have to keep changing the line styles.

Reason: