How to create a stock screener?

Hi all,

How can I use MT5 to find stocks that match my trading plan?

Assuming that I know how to programme my Buy/Sell signals, what should I do on MT in order to scan all available stocks available for trading by my provider?

This will be used for end-of-day trading.

Best,

Nuno

You want to trade stocks?
You should select the broker offering the stocks (there are many of them in MT5).

Sergey Golubev:

You want to trade stocks?
You should select the broker offering the stocks (there are many of them in MT5).

I need a way to *automatically* find the stocks that match my buy/trigger signals.

I don't want to *manually* scan thousand of stocks every day in order to find entry opportunities.

Nuno:

Hi all,

How can I use MT5 to find stocks that match my trading plan?

Assuming that I know how to programme my Buy/Sell signals, what should I do on MT in order to scan all available stocks available for trading by my provider?

This will be used for end-of-day trading.

Best,

Nuno

SymbolsTotal()

SymbolSelect()

and other Symbol... methods from this section of the documentation:

https://www.mql5.com/en/docs/marketinformation

Documentation on MQL5: Market Info
Documentation on MQL5: Market Info
  • www.mql5.com
Market Info - Reference on algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5

Three years old thread, I know...

But it seems that nobody understood the Nuno's question.

I'm also in search of this kind of feature.

Zamana, C. #:

Three years old thread, I know...

But it seems that nobody understood the Nuno's question.

I'm also in search of this kind of feature.

There is lot of tools on the MQL Market... i'm sure it can be found there... or even in code base... if not the best choice is order that by freelance section... nobody in forum will tell you how to write an entire tool, as all the necessary information is available in the documentation...

I scan for symbols all the time through pieces of code I wrote caling the functions cited above.

That those symbols are neatly categorized by the broker is another question as it is rarely the case unfortunately. Also fresh symbol attributes could help the scan but it depends again solely on the broker to set them.

Reason: