Why is the order being closed?

I made an EA so that if the profit is above 0 the order is closed. But the order is still being closed even if the profit is negative. Why is this happening?

OrderSelect(OrderA,SELECT_BY_TICKET);
         Alert(OrderProfit());
// It does alert a negative profit

if(OrderProfit() > 0)
         {   
            OrderClose(OrderTicket(), OrderLots(), OrderClosePrice(), 10);
         }
         else
         {
            TicketA = TicketA + 1;
         }

philipvln:

I made an EA so that if the profit is above 0 the order is closed. But the order is still being closed even if the profit is negative. Why is this happening?

if(OrderProfit()>0)
           {
            if(!OrderClose(OrderTicket(),OrderLots(),Bid,3,White))
               Print("OrderClose error ",GetLastError());
           }
         break;
        }
      if(OrderType()==OP_SELL)
        {
         if(OrderProfit()>0)
           {
            if(!OrderClose(OrderTicket(),OrderLots(),Ask,3,White))
               Print("OrderClose error ",GetLastError());
           }

1. philipvln: I made an EA so that if the profit is above 0 the order is closed. But the order is still being closed even if the profit is negative. Why is this happening?
    The code looks fine.
    1. OrderSelect and OrderClose: Check your return codes for errors, report them and you would know why. Don't just silence the compiler, it is trying to help you.
                What are Function return values ? How do I use them ? - MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - MQL4 programming forum
                Common Errors in MQL4 Programs and How to Avoid Them - MQL4 Articles
      Only those functions that return a value (e.g. iClose, MarketInfo, etc.) must you call ResetLastError before in order to check after.
    2. Use the debugger or print out your variables, including _LastError and find out why.

2. Frank Vang:
    Use OrderClosePrice and you don't have to distinguish between buy/sells Bid/Ask.

philipvln:

Slippage? Commissions? OrderProfit doesn't take commissions or rollover into account. If you have $0.01 commission charge and close at the price where OrderProfit returns 0, then you'll see a $0.01 loss at least.

And in the case of sell orders, you pay the spread when you close.
Reason: