Experts: Brandy

Brandy:

Two Moving Average indicators: A slow one for opening positions, and a fast one for closing positions.

Author: Vladimir Karputov

Hi Vladimir,
Thank you for the EA.

For signal generation, you have declared, "signals on the intersection of two MAs:".
But, in visual tests, it is seen that the fast and slow MA indicators produce signals even though they do not intersection.

According to what rule exactly are Buy/Sell signals generated?
Best.

Cenk # :
Hi Vladimir,
Thank you for the EA.

For signal generation, you have declared, " signals on the intersection of two MAs:".
But, in visual tests, it is seen that the fast and slow MA indicators produce signals even though they do not intersection.

According to what rule exactly are Buy/Sell signals generated?
Best.

1. Please turn on the white background color - I basically do not look at drawings with a black background.

2. Are you aware that signals can be redrawn many times on bar #0? Set up a signal search on bar #1.

Vladimir Karputov #:

1. Please turn on the white background color - I basically do not look at drawings with a black background.

2. Are you aware that signals can be redrawn many times on bar #0? Set up a signal search on bar #1.

I forgot that you are sensitive to black background, please excuse me!

It is certain that this parameter is important for the signal; MA "Open/Close": bar opening position -"

But when the value "1" was entered in the parameter, the EA did not generate any signals (!) That's why I left it at "0" by default.
Why can't we get a signal with a value of "1" (in the last closed bar) ?

The code needs to be improved (the code was written a long time ago and it is not perfect). If you use a signal from bar #1, then write the number '2' instead of '1':

double ma_open_1           = iMAGet(handle_iMAOpen,2);
   double ma_open_signal_bar  = iMAGet(handle_iMAOpen,MaOpen_SignalBar);
   double ma_close_1          = iMAGet(handle_iMAClose,2);
   double ma_close_signal_bar = iMAGet(handle_iMAOpen,MaClose_SignalBar);

Vladimir Karputov #:

The code needs to be improved (the code was written a long time ago and it is not perfect). If you use a signal from bar #1, then write the number '2' instead of '1':

Ah ok!
Thank you for your candid explanation.
Are you planning to do an update to the EA code to fix this issue?

Cenk # :

Ah ok!
Thank you for your candid explanation.
Are you planning to do an update to the EA code to fix this issue?

No, I don't. A sufficient number of codes based on two iMAs already exist.

Reason: