Mt4 plugin / addon

Hello, i'm not a developer (but i can hire someone). I would like to undestand how it could be possible to create a plugin (not mql4 EA, but additional features for backtester) similar to <> (but not related to tick datas)  that add some advanced feature to the backtester tool.

1. How technically work the integrations? API?
  2. Is the mt4 pluginable?
  3. Wich code language?
  4. Have i to have an agreement with Metaquotes Corp to do that?

Could you let me understand wich is the right way to start a commercial plugin to enance the backtest features?

Many thanks.

There isn't any. The tester runs EAs and indicators, period.

whroeder1:
There isn't any. The tester runs EAs and indicators, period.
I think i'm not understanding your answer or you didn't understand my question. Some missunderstanding issues occours at some point. :)

nanetto:

Hello, i'm not a developer (but i can hire someone). I would like to undestand how it could be possible to create a plugin (not mql4 EA, but additional features for backtester) similar to <> (but not related to tick datas)  that add some advanced feature to the backtester tool.

3. Wich code language?

Could you let me understand wich is the right way to start a commercial plugin to enance the backtest features?

Many thanks.

Forum deleted the link for the example of mt4 plugin i found:<>

up

Check the MT5 tester, legend says it's much better than MT4's.

kypa:
Check the MT5 tester, legend says it's much better than MT4's.

Yes, all the particularities of MT5 tester are described on this small summary thread:

All (not yet) about Strategy Tester, Optimization and Cloud 

nanetto:
up
Please don't do that again.

Alain Verleyen:
Please don't do that again.

Thank you for moderation. Without "up" i get any answer for this topic. Sorry if this is something to avoid.

Anyway, i'm still looking for answers to my questiosn. I had a look at your profile. You're a top moderator and top developer here. Could you have a look at my questions and let me know how to move ahead? Many many thanks.

nanetto:

Thank you for moderation. Without "up" i get any answer for this topic. Sorry if this is something to avoid.

Anyway, i'm still looking for answers to my questiosn. I had a look at your profile. You're a top moderator and top developer here. Could you have a look at my questions and let me know how to move ahead? Many many thanks.

You approach is totally wrong!! Mt4/Mt5 are programs that can run only scripts (not the tester), EAs and indicators - nobody who knows just a bit of that would call these three apps!

EAReview doesn't offer an app either! It offers - as far as I remember, but I can be totally wrong - a program that start a mt4-terminal to provide tickdata. So mt4 is here more an app of that!

Besides that it offers a script for mt4 to prepare tickdata which is not longer necessary for mt5.

I suggest you to start reading the docs of Mt4/5 in order to understand how they work.

nanetto:

3. Wich code language?

Many thanks.

There is no official API for that. MT4 is not "pluginable". The tool you are talking about is not a plugin, it's a third party software that works on files used by MT4 (fxt and hst files).

MT4 is obsolete and no more developed, that's a weird idea to start investing time and money around it.

Reason: