Why does backtesting fall off at the end on an EA ? - page 2

Fred7777:

So would people think this strategy is usable then ? As the Developer wont reply to me.

It is using Martingale and assuming thats why the loss positions are closed off at the end of the testing period.

Of course not.

Its a recipe for disaster.

The whole idea is trying to keep the growth like that without the crash in the end.

Marco vd Heijden:

Of course not.

The whole idea is to keep the growth like that without the crash in the end.

But isnt that just for the end of the test period ? 

From that graph you posted it is quite certain that it drops to ZERO.

It is all positions that are still in loss closed in the one instance.

From the entire test period, not just the end.

And you can see this in the journal/results tab too.

Fred7777:
But the Stops obviously didnt work ?

If you have a very large stop loss in the settings, then the stops will not work because the EA will wait for the price to reach it but it wouldn't do so during all the testing period, until you close the test or by the end of it, while the positions are still open it will all close because the test ended and it will give this big drop

if this is the case tighten the stop losses and see if it happens but i doubt that the curve will be so linear in that case

SafMoseSteve:

If you have a very large stop loss in the settings, then the stops will not work because the EA will wait for the price to reach it but it wouldn't do so during all the testing period, until you close the test or by the end of it, while the positions are still open it will all close because the test ended and it will give this big drop

if this is the case tighten the stop losses and see if it happens but i doubt that the curve will be so linear in that case

Ok thanks I have found the Stops on Equity and yes it looks like this strategy just doesnt work or maybe I dont know the settings but if the Developer wont respond Im leaving this.

Thanks for everyones advice. 

Greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Fred7777:

Ive been manually trading for 20 years and been doing well in the last few years.

However Im just starting to use MT4 Robots. This is why Im asking people for advice.

Can not understand 20 years experience, picture showing simple account blew no hidden item in this

Fred7777:

I have seen this a few times backtesting a few EAs. It works fine then at the end it will just fall off a cliff.

Have been trying to work this out. Most of the times its because there was not enough equity in the account or the EA closes off at the last date.

But this one I cant figure out. It is for the <name removed> :

<ink removed>

Ive asked the Developer why this is so and said its to do with the Stops and have tried to adjust them but nothing works. And then he wont reply anyway.

Does anyone know how this can be fixed or their views on this ?

Thanks 

I'm sorry to apologize to you. It's my own fault.

It is a great honor to work with you. I want to show responsibility. This incident. I have to know each other.

Marco vd Heijden:

Of course not.

The whole idea is trying to keep the growth like that without the crash in the end.

It is a great honor to work with you. I want to show responsibility. This incident. I have to know each other.

Deevog:
Can not understand 20 years experience, picture showing simple account blew no hidden item in this

Try to understand a normal rational person questions everything no matter what the result.

A Genius like yourself probably does not feel the need to do this because you know everything.

Reason: