MetaTrader 5 Strategy Tester - Agent Tmp files taking all disc space

Why are the Tmp files taking all my disc space?

I've had to manually delete these for the last week.

Shouldn't they be cleaned up by the program?

Appears to be build 1755 in the Manager.

mytstormy:

Why are the Tmp files taking all my disc space?

I've had to manually delete these for the last week.

Shouldn't they be cleaned up by the program?

Appears to be build 1755 in the Manager.

I had the same problem with the history files of the MT4 tester.

Must be some kind of bug.

So any way to fix it or report it as a bug?  Guess I'm new here... but its getting frustrating...

mytstormy:
So any way to fix it or report it as a bug?  Guess I'm new here... but its getting frustrating...

You may contact with the service desk asking their advice for example - 

Hi,

was there any solution to this?

Never had the problem before, but on my new laptop I installed MT5 and whenever I try to start my expert, it creates .tmp files until there's no space left.

I have <8 GB of data histories, but even 70 GB of free space are not enough to run my expert here.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Clock

I did some tests and it looks like this happens if you start optimizing on old data.

The optimization doesn't really start and all I get are huge (GB long) logs of "connecting to " some agent. After a while this fills my partition and the optimization never gives any results. If you use more recent data (2 years at most) this problem stops happening.

I've had this happen on two different brokers. This is a shame, I wish I could backtest on more data. I wonder if it's a MetaTrader limitation or if there is something wrong with the broker's history.

Testing trading strategies on real ticks
Testing trading strategies on real ticks
  • www.mql5.com
The article provides the results of testing a simple trading strategy in three modes: " 1 minute OHLC " using only Open, High, Low and Close prices of minute bars; detailed modeling in " Every tick " mode, as well as the most accurate " Every tick based on real ticks " mode applying actual historical data. Comparing the results allows us to...

bchristo #:

I did some tests and it looks like this happens if you start optimizing on old data.

The optimization doesn't really start and all I get are huge (GB long) logs of "connecting to " some agent. After a while this fills my partition and the optimization never gives any results. If you use more recent data (2 years at most) this problem stops happening.

I've had this happen on two different brokers. This is a shame, I wish I could backtest on more data. I wonder if it's a MetaTrader limitation or if there is something wrong with the broker's history.

I am having this same error but it only started a few days ago. I have a local area agent farm to optimize, and I normally have been able to optimize over a 5 year period, but now as soon as I put 5 years in all my farm agents become disabled and the log shows an error "no disk space in ticks generating function"

I have over 300GB free so disk space should not be an issue.

Did you find a solution to this problem? 

Reason: