EA not working from market

Hi, I'm new to the platform so probably I'm missing some stem....

The problem is that when I download EA from CodeBase - no problem all is working well.

But when download from Market (free EA) they are not working, when I'm testing them I'm getting a straight line on the graph, no trading. I was trying different inputs, etc.

Do I need somehow join my mt5 with mql5? 

What I'm doing wrong?

MartiX79:

Hi, I'm new to the platform so probably I'm missing some stem....

The problem is that when I download EA from CodeBase - no problem all is working well.

But when download from Market (free EA) they are not working, when I'm testing them I'm getting a straight line on the graph, no trading. I was trying different inputs, etc.

Do I need somehow join my mt5 with mql5? 

What I'm doing wrong?

In such case try decreasing risk or increasing your balance. 

Icham Aidibe:

In such case try decreasing risk or increasing your balance. 

I was trying this. Now I found maybe 3 EA from the market which are working for me, but most of them no, and in most of the cases the error is "invalid fill".

The same on real account and on demo one. I was even trying run optimization to check if different settings in inputs will change this. No success.

MartiX79:

I was trying this. Now I found maybe 3 EA from the market which are working for me, but most of them no, and in most of the cases the error is "invalid fill".

The same on real account and on demo one. I was even trying run optimization to check if different settings in inputs will change this. No success.

There's many filling policy, your broker should of course support them - you can also try to change symbol for your test : 

https://www.mql5.com/en/docs/constants/environment_state/marketinfoconstants

When sending an order, you can specify the filling policy for the volume set in the order. Allowed order filling modes for each symbol are specified in the table. You can set several modes for one symbol by combining flags. The flags can be combined by the operation of the logical OR (|), for example, SYMBOL_FILLING_FOK|SYMBOL_FILLING_IOC.  In order to check whether a certain mode is allowed for the symbol, the result of the logical AND (&) should be compared to the mode flag.

Fill Policy

Identifier

Value

Description

Fill or Kill

SYMBOL_FILLING_FOK

This policy means that a deal can be executed only with the specified volume. If the necessary amount of a financial instrument is currently unavailable in the market, the order will not be executed. The required volume can be filled using several offers available on the market at the moment.

Immediate or Cancel

SYMBOL_FILLING_IOC

In this case a trader agrees to execute a deal with the volume maximally available in the market within that indicated in the order. In case the order cannot be filled completely, the available volume of the order will be filled, and the remaining volume will be canceled. The possibility of using IOC orders is determined at the trade server.

Return

No identifier

This policy is used only for market orders (Buy and Sell), limit and stop limit orders and only for the symbols with Market or Exchange execution. In case of partial filling a market or limit order with remaining volume is not canceled but processed further.

In the Request and Instant execution modes the Fill or Kill policy is always used for market orders, and the Return policy is always used for limit orders. In this case, when sending orders using OrderSend or OrderSendAsync, there is no need to specify a fill policy for them.

In the Market and Exchange execution modes the Return policy is always allowed for all the order types. To find out whether the other policies are allowed, use the SYMBOL_FILLING_FOK and SYMBOL_FILLING_IOC properties.

Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Symbol Properties
Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Symbol Properties
  • www.mql5.com
To obtain the current market information there are several functions: SymbolInfoInteger(), SymbolInfoDouble() and SymbolInfoString(). The first parameter is the symbol name, the values of the second function parameter can be one of the identifiers of ENUM_SYMBOL_INFO_INTEGER, ENUM_SYMBOL_INFO_DOUBLE and ENUM_SYMBOL_INFO_STRING. Some symbols...

MartiX79:

If you get an error "invalid fill" using an EA from mql5.com Market, you need to report it to the seller, it's a bug in their code.

@Alain Verleyen - thanks, will do it. At least I know that is not me :)

@Icham Aidibe - is it something that can be / I can change when getting EA from the Market?  I know that I can edit EM from CodeBase, can I do it for items from the Market too?

MartiX79:

@Alain Verleyen - thanks, will do it. At least I know that is not me :)

@Icham Aidibe - is it something that can be / I can change when getting EA from the Market?  I know that I can edit EM from CodeBase, can I do it for items from the Market too?

No you can't with EA from the Market, that's why I suggested you to contact the author.
Reason: