Tradingview vs MT4 EA output

Hi,

I back-tested the same code (pseudo-code) with same broker's data on Trading-view web-platform and MT4 platform. Trading-view  shows 200-300% profit per month almost consistent. However, MT4 gives very small profit, and big losses.

Could anybody explain why there is so big difference.

Thanks.

Manoj Gupta:

Hi,

I back-tested the same code (pseudo-code) with same broker's data on Trading-view web-platform and MT4 platform. Trading-view  shows 200-300% profit per month almost consistent. However, MT4 gives very small profit, and big losses.

Could anybody explain why there is so big difference.

Thanks.

Prove it. Show that your algos are the exact same. Sorry if that sounds harsh, but if you want a scientific answer you must produce a scientific test.

I've read many critics about MT4. 

To be honest, all EAs I've backtested in MT4 except fast scalpers perform in real market just about the same as in backtest.

And I'm not talking about 99% backtests, but regular backtests with 90,% 20% or n/a quality. But Ive never tested or traded with trading view.

I am very sorry for late reply, as I was looking for the answer of this by myself (part time work).

The reason for this difference is because of the multiple signal generated by MT4.  For example, the moving average crossover strategy generates multiple buy/sell signals at each crossing point, which is supposed to be only one. There is no multiple signals in Trading-view.

Any suggestions to solve this.

Thanks.

Manoj Gupta:

I am very sorry for late reply, as I was looking for the answer of this by myself (part time work).

The reason for this difference is because of the multiple signal generated by MT4.  For example, the moving average crossover strategy generates multiple buy/sell signals at each crossing point, which is supposed to be only one. There is no multiple signals in Trading-view.

Any suggestions to solve this.

Thanks.

MT - intercepts almost every tick

TradingView - not sure, but most probably intercepts open / close of a new bar only

Solution: execute your MT code once per bar, not per tick

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/5762

How to detect a new bar
How to detect a new bar
  • www.mql5.com
Hi All, I'm a complete newbie to MQL5 but I've done a fair bit of coding for other platforms...
Reason: