where is visualization in MT5 when backtesting

downloaded the app, everything is priceless, and i think the major function that is missing is the visualization option to visually see trades while the PC backtests your EA.

Did i miss something?

It has not implemented yet.

alexvd:
It has not implemented yet.

Hi alexvd,

Any idea of a time frame to implement the Visual Tester?

It is most difficult to test Trailing Stops and many other features in MT5 without actually seeing them work on the chart.

Same with displaying indicator values to see if the formulas are working correctly.

So far moving to MT5 been pretty good, but testing has been very limited and very slow without the Visual Tester. It is a very critical tool for coders.

I also think the addition of the Visual Tester will help speed up the acceptance of the MT5 platform.

Please let us know what the status or time frame is to implement the Visual Tester.

Thanks,

Robert

c0d3:

downloaded the app, everything is priceless, and i think the major function that is missing is the visualization option to visually see trades while the PC backtests your EA.

Did i miss something?

hi,

I'd done the same mistake about Visual Tester in a first look.

In mql4, when you checked the option  visual mode , we could see the screen running step buy step, not anymore.

but Mql5 has kept the " open graph" option, and show the entire period test at the end at the test. up to you to go back manually at the beginning , looking at the test step by step manuelly.

We don't have to ask for it, but it doesn't work during optimization, only on tester without optimization.

It was a nice gadget, but did it really help us to understand what was wrong with an EA??

Hope help if we talk about the same thing and excuse me for my so bad English.

Daniel

When are you going to implement visual chart option please? Could you do it so that we can have two charts up. I would like to see two open charts so that i can compare two different time frames
Documentation on MQL5: Chart Operations / ChartOpen
  • www.mql5.com
Chart Operations / ChartOpen - Documentation on MQL5
Reason: