Force ENDEDIT for an "OBJ_EDIT" - page 2

FerruFx:

Not sure to understand.

But I think that there's no issue. The question would be : is the ENTER key pressing the only way to end edit and make the text/value available for calculation or else ?

I don't know, not tried. I can if you provide code.

What I said is : in any other software, if you are editing a text box (edit object) and you quit it otherwise than with ENTER key, the edited text is not lost and an event is triggered indicating that the value has been changed. If it's not the case with mql5 then you can report it as a bug in my opinion.

If you provide test code I can check.

angevoyageur:

What I said is : in any other software, if you are editing a text box (edit object) and you quit it otherwise than with ENTER key, the edited text is not lost and an event is triggered indicating that the value has been changed. If it's not the case with mql5 then you can report it as a bug in my opinion.

Interesting, thanks!

angevoyageur:

I don't have problem with coding.

My concern is to understand if the CHARTEVENT_OBJECT_ENDEDIT is only triggered by the manual ENTER key. If so, I am trying to find a trick to substitude the manual ENTER key in order to validate the filled field.

Thank you for your patience and help on this. Very much appreciated.

FerruFx:

I don't have problem with coding.

My concern is to understand if the CHARTEVENT_OBJECT_ENDEDIT is only triggered by the manual ENTER key. If so, I am trying to find a trick to substitude the manual ENTER key in order to validate the filled field.

Thank you for your patience and help on this. Very much appreciated.

I thought about using an EventChartCustom to emulate the ENDEDIT  chart event.

Unfortunately I was not able to code it successfully, maybe it is because of my lack of understanding how to code the EventChartCustom.

fxtr51:

I thought about using an EventChartCustom to emulate the ENDEDIT  chart event.

Unfortunately I was not able to code it successfully, maybe it is because of my lack of understanding how to code the EventChartCustom.

I am in the same situation !

For info, it seems that the new build 628 solved this issue. A simple click outside the field end the edit. If that's true, that was exactly what I was trying to achieve.

I'm still with build 625 so I can't test it yet but I will update the thread as soon as I tested it.

Thank you all for your participation here. Very much appreciated.

Just copied the terminal and editor 628 (http://forum.mql4.com/62170) in my platform folder ... and what I was trying to achieve was in fact in the Metaquotes fixing list.

The end edit occurs now without the need of ENTER key. A simple click on chart end the field editing. I couldn't have hoped a better fixing !

Thank you Metaquotes and all who have participated in this discussion.

FerruFx:

Just copied the terminal and editor 628 (http://forum.mql4.com/62170) in my platform folder ... and what I was trying to achieve was in fact in the Metaquotes fixing list.

The end edit occurs now without the need of ENTER key. A simple click on chart end the field editing. I couldn't have hoped a better fixing !

Nice job.

FerruFx:

This is great.

My terminal updated to build 646 and yes, indeed, the end edit occurs as desired.

Perfect fix from metaquotes.

Now I am waiting for the important fix - which is promised by support - of  buttons working in strategy tester too.

My EA uses buttons to control things and until now, the buttons do not work in strategy tester.

fxtr51:

Now I am waiting for the important fix - which is promised by support - of  buttons working in strategy tester too.

My EA uses buttons to control things and until now, the buttons do not work in strategy tester.

Yes you are right. It would be a great improvement if we could have all the chart events working in the visual backtester.
Reason: