SMA of RSI of specific serie in MT5

Hi,

I'm coding in MT5 about a complex topic : I would like to calcul a SMA of a RSI of a specific serie.

the serie is calculated like that : (close + (high+low)/2)/2.

Finally I would like to make : out = sma(rsi(serie,14)) based on current symbol and current timeframe.

Could someone help me by providing sample code ?

Regards,

Erwann.

Erwann Pannerec:

Could someone help me by providing sample code ?

Have a look at this indicator code I coded for your purpose. I just gave two indicators together.

Files:

Petr Nosek:

Have a look at this indicator code I coded for your purpose. I just gave two indicators together.

thank you Petr.

I see in your code you don't use the MT5 indicator like iRSI or iMA.

I would like to use these MT5 indicators but unfortunately, maybe it's not possible ?

The goal is to have something like that : iMA(iRSI(high+close)). It's a kind of smoothed version of an RSI by selecting every symbol and timeframe I want.

I continue to search about that and I will make my results in this topic.

Regards,

Erwann.

Erwann Pannerec:

thank you Petr.

I see in your code you don't use the MT5 indicator like iRSI or iMA.

I would like to use these MT5 indicators but unfortunately, maybe it's not possible ?

The goal is to have something like that : iMA(iRSI(high+close)). It's a kind of smoothed version of an RSI by selecting every symbol and timeframe I want.

I continue to search about that and I will make my results in this topic.

Regards,

Erwann.

I'm sorry but I don't understand you. What do you mean that I didn't use the MT5 iRSI and iMA? I used their calculation. And the result is exactly what you want => Smoothed RSI (on a special serie). If you want use it in your code you have two choices:

1. use iCustom() in your code
  2. implement my code to yours by your purpose

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Erwann Pannerec, 2018.03.29 10:54

Hi,

I would like to use a specific applied price by using iMA indicator.

Instead of CLOSE price (for exemple) I would like to use the following applied values : (Close + (high+close)/2)/2

Anybody could explain me how to manage that ?

Thanks !

Erwann.

Don't double post please.

Alain Verleyen:
Don't double post please.

Oups ! Sorry for the error.

So for clarification (my english isn't perfect...) my aim is to learn how to use the natives iXXX MT5 indicators by using specific applied price.

It could be for exemple :

iStDev((Close + (high+close)/2)/2)

it's only an exemple...

Hope my clarification is good !

Thanks !

Erwann.

Erwann Pannerec:

Oups ! Sorry for the error.

So for clarification (my english isn't perfect...) my aim is to learn how to use the natives iXXX MT5 indicators by using specific applied price.

It could be for exemple :

iStDev((Close + (high+close)/2)/2)

it's only an exemple...

Hope my clarification is good !

Thanks !

Erwann.

If your "applied price" is not a standard one, you need a custom indicator, several ways, Petr already provided you an example.

Show your code if you need coding help.

Reason: