ObjectGet(OBJPROP_NAME,0) doesn't work in MQL4?

I'm running build 610...and I'm simply trying to get the name of the Objects on the chart, and the Type of objects

Prior to Build 600, I was able to get the Name of the objects by using:

string tag = ObjectGet(OBJPROP_NAME,i);

(where i is my loop variable)...but this function call isn't returning valid info anymore...

If I have 500 objects on the chart, I get "0" (as a string) as the name for each of the objects.  That's definitely not right.

Also, if I ask for the property type, by using ObjectGet(OBJPROP_TYPE,i)...that returns '0' (as an integer) for every object.

So...what do I need to do to get the Name of the object and the Type of the object???

Migrating from MQL4 to MQL5
Migrating from MQL4 to MQL5
  • Sergey Pavlov
  • www.mql5.com
This article is a quick guide to MQL4 language functions, it will help you to migrate your programs from MQL4 to MQL5. For each MQL4 function (except trading functions) the description and MQL5 implementation are presented, it allows you to reduce the conversion time significantly. For convenience, the MQL4 functions are divided into groups, similar to MQL4 Reference.

BenLetto:

I'm running build 610...and I'm simply trying to get the name of the Objects on the chart, and the Type of objects

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Hello,

This forum is about MT5/mql5, please post your question about MT4/mql4 on mql4.com forum.

• They are more people who can answer there.
  • They are more people who can have similar problem there.
  • A forum is not only to get help but to share with the community, mql4/MT4 community isn't the same as mql5/MT5 community.

Reason: