Tick value in MQL5

To add comments, please log in or register
Roman Sharanov
Roman Sharanov  

Hello, can anyone explain how to get a tick value MQL 5?

I use SYMBOL_TRADE_TICK_VALUE but it return 56.88 for EURUSD, this is wrong for sure

Petr Nosek
Petr Nosek  
Roman Sharanov:

Hello, can anyone explain how to get a tick value MQL 5?

I use SYMBOL_TRADE_TICK_VALUE but it return 56.88 for EURUSD, this is wrong for sure

It depends on your account currency. It seems your account currency is RUB. In this case the Tick Value is correct. But not all Symbols must have Tick Value in the account currency. See my topic:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/227407

Roman Sharanov
Roman Sharanov  
Petr Nosek:

It depends on your account currency. It seems your account currency is RUB. In this case the Tick Value is correct. But not all Symbols must have Tick Value in the account currency. See my topic:

OMG, the devil is in the details, deposit was in RUB, now I see it work, thank you!

Alain Verleyen
Alain Verleyen  
Petr Nosek:

Damned Petr, I don't know why you keep repeating that. That's NOT exact !

All symbols must have tick value in account currency.

Some brokers provides wrong data. That's an other matter completely.

Petr Nosek
Petr Nosek  
Alain Verleyen:

Damned Petr, I don't know why you keep repeating that. That's NOT exact !

All symbols must have tick value in account currency.

Some brokers provides wrong data. That's an other matter completely.

All symbols should (must) have tick value in the account currency (according to the documentation but documentation doesn't always tell the truth) but not all symbols at all brokers have tick value in the account currency. It means you have to check it.

Icham Aidibe
Icham Aidibe  
Petr Nosek:

All symbols should (must) have tick value in the account currency (according to the documentation but documentation doesn't always tell the truth) but not all symbols at all brokers have tick value in the account currency. It means you have to check it.

Earlier, I was wondering how would you check it ? 

Petr Nosek
Petr Nosek  
Icham Aidibe:

Earlier, I was wondering how would you check it ? 

In general: Manually so far.
At my brokers: I can rely on the value SymbolInfoInteger(_Symbol,SYMBOL_TRADE_CALC_MODE). If the value is equal to 2 ("Futures") it means that the tick value is in the base currency.

Have a look at attached files. At the same account:

for EURUSD (Profit calculation mode 0) the tick value is in the deposit currency (CZK) as documentation says

for Crude Oil (Profit calculation mode 2) the tick value is in base currency (USD)

Icham Aidibe
Icham Aidibe  
Petr Nosek:

In general: Manually so far.
At my brokers: I can rely on the value SymbolInfoInteger(_Symbol,SYMBOL_TRADE_CALC_MODE). If the value is equal to 2 ("Futures") it means that the tick value is in the base currency.

Have a look at attached files. At the same account:

for EURUSD (Profit calculation mode 0) the tick value is in the deposit currency (CZK) as documentation says

for Crude Oil (Profit calculation mode 2) the tick value is in base currency (USD)

Thank you for the tips.

To add comments, please log in or register