telegram to mt4

Hi guys, is it possible to send trade signals to mt4 via ideally telegram? or sms or email?

yes.

but you will have to code the software.

Marco vd Heijden:

yes.

but you will have to code the software.

thanks for reply Marco, can it be done directly from telegram? if so any idea of software? or how much it would cost?

Not directly.

Like i said it has to be coded.

Unless you do it yourself it can be a bit expensive but you can post a job in freelance to see if there are coders that want to do it maybe somebody already has something.

I know it is an old topic but I'm working on a telegram implementation in mq4.

No problem in sending messages from MT4 to Telegram, but there are some things that I don't understand in doing the opposite (getting messages from Telegram and code it in mql).

I'm using the library Telegram4MQL.dll and I'm using the function getUpdates (no webhook using): I can only get single commands that start with a slash /

If I send a different message, more complex it will not read from my EA.

Can someone drive me in the right direction? I only want to know if I need a hook, or I can do it with getUpdates function. Maybe library Telegram4MQL.dll doesn't allow to read complex messages from telegram.... I don't know and I can't found usefull information.

Thanks!!

Fabio Cavalloni:

I know it is an old topic but I'm working on a telegram implementation in mq4.

No problem in sending messages from MT4 to Telegram, but there are some things that I don't understand in doing the opposite (getting messages from Telegram and code it in mql).

I'm using the library Telegram4MQL.dll and I'm using the function getUpdates (no webhook using): I can only get single commands that start with a slash /

If I send a different message, more complex it will not read from my EA.

Can someone drive me in the right direction? I only want to know if I need a hook, or I can do it with getUpdates function. Maybe library Telegram4MQL.dll doesn't allow to read complex messages from telegram.... I don't know and I can't found usefull information.

Thanks!!

Please supply link to the mentioned library, since it is clearly not Metaquotes built-in library.

Tom Sasson:

Please supply link to the mentioned library, since it is clearly not Metaquotes built-in library.

Problem solved using Metaquotes library!

Fabio Cavalloni:

Problem solved using Metaquotes library!

Can you share the solution?

Neither @shabaz, who opened this thread, nor you, have shared the solution, which makes this thread non-valuable, and could discourage other people from sharing information on this forum in the future.

Thanks in advance.

Please see the mqh files below the article.

https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/2355

How to create bots for Telegram in MQL5
How to create bots for Telegram in MQL5
  • www.mql5.com
During the F8 conference held in San Francisco on 12th of April in 2016, Facebook announced the integration of API for bots into the Messenger. The same day a major update for the Telegram Bot Platform was released. Version 2.0 has pleasantly surprised with its functionality. It seems that bots that used to be popular in the ICQ era are now...

What are you guys using to generate signals for Telegram?

Marco vd Heijden:

Please see the mqh files below the article.

https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/2355

This article is not related to the topic. It shows how to publich information from MT5 to telegram.

Our topic is telegram to mt4 therefore it is not helpful

Reason: