When you purchase an expert advisor, can it ever be taken away?

Hi, I am new to this. When you buy an expert advisor in the MT4 market, what would happen if the develop ever decided to take it off the market? Would you still have the product you purchased or is then gone?

Thank you.

annarosen4:

Hi, I am new to this. When you buy an expert advisor in the MT4 market, what would happen if the develop ever decided to take it off the market? Would you still have the product you purchased or is then gone?

Thank you.

Hi, you still have the Product ;)

You can learn more about how to purchase Products reading this article
How to purchase a trading robot from the MetaTrader Market and to install it?
How to purchase a trading robot from the MetaTrader Market and to install it?
  • MetaQuotes Software Corp.
  • www.mql5.com
The MetaTrader Market features over 10,000 trading robots, indicators and other useful applications for the MetaTrader 4 and MetaTrader 5 trading platforms. We recommend that you watch a series of video tutorials on how to select, purchase and update Products from the Market: Table of Contents Introduction The article provides a step-by-step...

Even if author removes the EA, MQl will retain a copy of it for you to download in the future. I have a EA that actually is working longterm, but the author gave up on it and removed it from the site. Its a shame, i been using it for about 3 years now. 

You most be aware about the activation as well

Sadly, there's also the possibility that the seller gets banned for some reason. If you carefully read the rules, MQL5 has the right (and it has done it) to refund you and cancel your licenses, thus you will lose the EA forever. This happened once when they got a seller banned. MQL5 resevrves the right to do this even without your consent, if you still want to keep the EA :(
Reason: