Download MetaTrader 5

How to preserve variables values when turns off an EA

To add comments, please log in or register
No time to learn MQL5? The source code library is at your service!
gedavid
gedavid 2014.03.28 15:43 

Hello,

I don´t know if this is the right place to question this, so sorry it is not:

I have an EA that assigns a value to a global variable with every tick, whis is at the start initialized to zero. 

I want to know if it is possible to preserve the value assigned trough a switch off/on of the EA, so that when i initialized again the program the zero value were not assigned to the variable but the last known value. I need that it works like an input type variable and maintain its value when I turns off the EA.

Perhaps is a big silly question, but i haven´t found the answer in the documentation.

Thak you very much in advance,

Alain Verleyen
Alain Verleyen 2014.03.28 15:59  
gedavid:

Hello,

I don´t know if this is the right place to question this, so sorry it is not:

I have an EA that assigns a value to a global variable with every tick, whis is at the start initialized to zero. 

I want to know if it is possible to preserve the value assigned trough a switch off/on of the EA, so that when i initialized again the program the zero value were not assigned to the variable but the last known value. I need that it works like an input type variable and maintain its value when I turns off the EA.

Perhaps is a big silly question, but i haven´t found the answer in the documentation.

Thak you very much in advance,

It's the right place and a very common question, don't worry.

You have several choices, the main two are :

Global variables of the Terminal.

Write/Read from a file.

gedavid
gedavid 2014.03.28 19:01  
angevoyageur:

It's the right place and a very common question, don't worry.

You have several choices, the main two are :

Global variables of the Terminal.

Write/Read from a file.

Thank you very much, I have read it and the use of files is what I was looking for. 

To add comments, please log in or register