Slippage on AMP Broker limit order? - page 2

rudysemail:
I just experienced this so thanks for posting. I was going to contact amp and ask them why that happened.  I can’t believe mt5 executes a tp as a market order. I want my 2 ticks back. 
Yes a TP is a market order, you need to use a limit order if you want to avoid slippage.

Alain Verleyen:
Yes a TP is a market order, you need to use a limit order if you want to avoid slippage.

Hi Alain, 

In a scenario where slippage is high, would it be advisable to use limit orders at entry and exit position?

I am programming an ea for a netting account. In the demo account is wonderful but I know I will have problems in the live account.

Thyago Mendes:

Hi Alain, 

In a scenario where slippage is high, would it be advisable to use limit orders at entry and exit position?

I am programming an ea for a netting account. In the demo account is wonderful but I know I will have problems in the live account.

Of course it's recommended. See above article for examples.
How to Secure Your Expert Advisor While Trading on the Moscow Exchange
How to Secure Your Expert Advisor While Trading on the Moscow Exchange
  • www.mql5.com
Anyone who trades on the financial markets is subject to the risks of financial losses. The nature of these risks is different but the outcome is still the same – lost money, wasted time and lasting sense of frustration. To avoid these unpleasant things, we should follow a few simple rules: manage our risks (Money Management), develop reliable...
Reason: