Historical data - page 6

Icham Aidibe:

No. The virtual stop wouldn't have close it neither. Gaps happens, you may be angry because you lost that one, but it's also possible to take benefit from : there's way to avoid them, like stop trading few hour before the end of day/week, avoid some days ... it's called time filtering. 

Err .. sometimes broker use stoplimits, meaning that a stoploss can't be less far than x points of the open price : it's a manner to pass thru ... Now, how much illegal I dunno, would you be visited by the IRS because of .. I doubt but yeah .. you may be banned ! 

EDIT  : It's a daredevil method : at least I see it so, but you may like it ---> https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178636

Thank you; I´m gonna take a look in links.

I know that gap can be good or bad...that´s ok; what I didn´t understand is why EA closed long and short with difference of 90 points!! EA close them at same time; EA is working well, It only happened at this gap situation and I can´t understand the reason why. Defeloper told me virtual stops can resolve it...

Jhennifher:

Thank you; I´m gonna take a look in links.

I know that gap can be good or bad...that´s ok; what I didn´t understand is why EA closed long and short with difference of 90 points!! EA close them at same time; EA is working well, It only happened at this gap situation and I can´t understand the reason why. Defeloper told me virtual stops can resolve it...

Then trust the developper but I can't see how it could have ... as you can see the gap occurs from a bar to another one.

With an already set stoploss, the best price available is taken on broker side ;  when a EA closes an order virtually, there's also slippage : slippage (price availability) + execution delay (network & the delay it took to the EA to trigger it).

Reason: