Invalid account while reconnecting - page 2

Gianmarco Vespia:

Did you still have these issues? I am really in trouble, I have even tried to open a different account, but I get always the same issue at least once per week. The funny thing is this doesn't happen with demo account.

ICMarkets help desk is still not able to help me with this issue.

Yes, it happened to me twice this week. I'm still getting (Invalid account) errors.

I haven't had a chance to raise a ticket yet, but I had another unrelated issue caused by their server and it was quickly resolved.

I would give it another shot. I hope if enough people bring up the same problem, it gets escalated on their side.

Hi, I work with ICMarkets for 5 month. I have the same problem too (at random period 2-days; 1-week; 1-month; 3-months).

I open case at ICMarkets(2018.04.19) and at service desk www.mql5.com(2018.06.01). Meanwhile I ask this question in the comments of my EA and a kind user respond me that e had the same problem and he resolved himself by the following:

When you install and start MT5 platform for the first time and when you insert the broker account number and password if you make mistake in user/pass then the platform save somewhere wrong  user/pass. After that when you insert the correct user/pass the connection is established but when something with net happened the platform is trying to re-establish the connection automatically using the last stored user/pass (which is correct) but if the net(or something else) is not ok then the platform is trying to use old wrong stored pass and “authorization on ICMarkets-MT5 failed (Invalid account)” error occurred. The suggestion is to uninstall and install the platform and try not to make errors when login in broker account for the first time. I am not trying this suggestion yet and I don’t know if this is true or false. I also have in mind one workaround: To write some small program that reeds the journal daily log and to restart the platform if the error occurs but I found that the journal log file is written when the platform is closed and thus this workaround will not work.

Till now ICMarkets -> do nothing (just advice me to try the above suggestion).

www.mql5.com     -> said that this is broker problem

I think the problem is complex(both in the broker and in the MT5 platform) because:

- The problem occurs only on 1 exact broker. This leads to there is a problem with broker server.

-Also the problem occurs on normal PC and on VPC. This leads to that the problem is in broker server.

- When restart the MT5 platform the connection is OK. If I do not restart the MT5 platform then the platform stay disconnected unlimited amount of time disconnected. If I restart the platform immediately after the occurrence of the problem then the re-connection is OK. If I restart the platform hours after the occurrence of the problem then the re-connection is also OK. But if I do not restart the platform then the problem stay many hours till I spot it and restart manually. That is  why I think the problem is also bug in the MT5 platform. Also I think so because when manually restart it is obviously that broker server problem is gone (because of successful connection) but the MT5 platform do not try to restore the connection automatically itself.

So I think that the broker server is responsible for occurrence of the problem but the platform is responsible for NOT to retry to reconnect successfully (but manual restart is resolve the problem ok) .

Please write here if some progress of the case occurs.

Micho Dumanov:

Hi, I work with ICMarkets for 5 month. I have the same problem too (at random period 2-days; 1-week; 1-month; 3-months).

I open case at ICMarkets(2018.04.19) and at service desk www.mql5.com(2018.06.01). Meanwhile I ask this question in the comments of my EA and a kind user respond me that e had the same problem and he resolved himself by the following:

When you install and start MT5 platform for the first time and when you insert the broker account number and password if you make mistake in user/pass then the platform save somewhere wrong  user/pass. After that when you insert the correct user/pass the connection is established but when something with net happened the platform is trying to re-establish the connection automatically using the last stored user/pass (which is correct) but if the net(or something else) is not ok then the platform is trying to use old wrong stored pass and “authorization on ICMarkets-MT5 failed (Invalid account)” error occurred. The suggestion is to uninstall and install the platform and try not to make errors when login in broker account for the first time. I am not trying this suggestion yet and I don’t know if this is true or false. I also have in mind one workaround: To write some small program that reeds the journal daily log and to restart the platform if the error occurs but I found that the journal log file is written when the platform is closed and thus this workaround will not work.

Till now ICMarkets -> do nothing (just advice me to try the above suggestion).

www.mql5.com     -> said that this is broker problem

I think the problem is complex(both in the broker and in the MT5 platform) because:

- The problem occurs only on 1 exact broker. This leads to there is a problem with broker server.

-Also the problem occurs on normal PC and on VPC. This leads to that the problem is in broker server.

- When restart the MT5 platform the connection is OK. If I do not restart the MT5 platform then the platform stay disconnected unlimited amount of time disconnected. If I restart the platform immediately after the occurrence of the problem then the re-connection is OK. If I restart the platform hours after the occurrence of the problem then the re-connection is also OK. But if I do not restart the platform then the problem stay many hours till I spot it and restart manually. That is  why I think the problem is also bug in the MT5 platform. Also I think so because when manually restart it is obviously that broker server problem is gone (because of successful connection) but the MT5 platform do not try to restore the connection automatically itself.

So I think that the broker server is responsible for occurrence of the problem but the platform is responsible for NOT to retry to reconnect successfully (but manual restart is resolve the problem ok) .

Please write here if some progress of the case occurs.

Hi Micho,

I have done also this, uninstall and reinstall the platform. It didn't work. After that I have even changed VPS and installed the platform from scratch with the correct password, it didn't work. The issue is on ICM-Markets side, of course. I have solved just leaving MT5 and starting to rewrite the code for MT4 (as I wrote my own EA). In Mt4 it works since months without any issue. If they will solve the issue, I will come back to MT5, as it has features I like.

I have the same issue with IC Markets - I've raised it with their support desk 3 times now (once again today). I'm not hopeful that the can fix it based on this thread.

I get the issue every single weekend, and sometimes during the week.

I wonder is it's possible to write a script that automatically reconnects the client every "X" time period, eg every hour, does anyone know?

Exactly same problem with ActivTrades.

I also wonder if it's possible to write a script that automatically reconnects the client every "X" time period, eg every hour, does anyone know?

Thank you!
Reason: