EA activations

Can someone maybe help me with the following. *If you install an EA on a pc you will use one of the assigned activations. After updating the pc and rebooting, the EA was not working/showing  correctly on the MT4 charts. I had to delete the EA from the Market folder and re-install. Is it then normal that you use one more of your activations when re-installing on the same pc as before? How will the EA's recognice that it is the same pc?

thx 

mowglii

As I understand - one activation per same version of Windows.
if you re-install the Windows so you will need to spend the other activation.

As to updating ... if it is related to Windows 10 (Windows 10 Fall Creators Update for example) so read this information from  MQ: 

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update to make saved MetaTrader passwords invalid

MetaQuotes Software Corp., 2017.10.18 12:55

On October 17, Microsoft officially released a major update of their operating system Windows 10 Fall Creators Update. This update affects configurations and encryption keys similar to the installation of a new Windows operating system. In order to protect user information, the MetaTrader platform binds all data to the operating system and hardware of the computer, on which it is installed. This protection method ensures that even if the platform files are stolen, hackers will not be able to access the trader's accounts or to use products purchased from the Market.

Unfortunately, after the installation of Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, all trading account passwords stored on your computer will become invalid. We highly recommend that you prepare for the new Windows release and save your passwords in a safe place, in order to be able to connect to your accounts after the update.

Also, the launch of installed and activated applications that were purchased from the Market will not be possible due to the change of encryption keys. Such products will require a new activation, because all products are bound to an operating system. We will automatically provide an additional activation for all products purchased from the Market regardless of the operating system, similar to providing additional activations after the previous release of Windows 10 Creators Update. So MetaTrader Market users will not lose product activations after the installation of Windows 10 Fall Creators Update.

Activations of demo products will also be lost, and you will need to re-download such applications from the Market.

It is what I know. For more detailed information - write to the service desk.

And some more information - 

Product Activation Question

Stuart Browne, 2015.03.06 11:32

The activation number is the number of different PC's you can use the product on with one license, not how many times it's been downloaded. It's a common misconception :)

As Alain said above, you get one activation per PC, regardless of the number of accounts you are running on that PC. So if the product shows 5 activations, you can use it on 5 different PCs under the MQL5 login account you purchased the indicator or EA on.

Best way to monitor EA execution remotely

Sergey Golubev, 2016.09.29 12:36

If it is about the Market so the buyer can use EA according to the number of the activations which are linked to the PC and OS:

Rules of Using the Market Service -

12. The fact of creation of a secure version of the Product for the Buyer's equipment configuration is called Activation.
13. The number of free Product Activations available to the Buyer on another PC after purchasing the Product is defined by the Seller. The minimum number of such Activations is 4.
14. The Buyer purchases the right to activate a Product as many times as specified by the Seller at the moment of purchasing or renting this Product. For example, if a Product allows 20 activations at the moment of its purchase, the Buyers can install it on 20 different hardware configurations even if the Seller will decrease this number afterwards.

So, 1 activation = unlimited using on 1 PC (one particular computer - hardware) with one OS (Operating System, for example - with Windows 8.1).

For example, if I buy your EA via the market with 1 activation so I can use it on one my PC only with my OS (Windows XP for example) only. And I can not use EA on the other computer, and I can not use EA  with same computer with different OS. So, this is the protection: even if someone can get your EA remotedly (from you or from the buyer) so he/she can not use it: he/she have to buy this EA with the activation fro the market (from you for example).

---------------

If you question is related to the coding/programming so sorry (I can not help) ...

Thank you all for the answers. It was the major upgrade of windows, and I can see that I'm using a "new" activation, just like it a new pc.

regards

mowglii

Each activation on a different PC counts as + 1 activation.

How does the EA recognize a PC as being the same? How do we prevent any configurations to our PC causing the EA to recognize as a new PC thus wasting an activation?

I downloaded, deleted and downloaded agin on the same VSP and it took away ne activasion: 
Activations left: 3 of 5

So i think each download counts as one activasion no matter if its on the same PC/Sever or not

Alexander Reuterswärd:
I downloaded, deleted and downloaded agin on the same VSP and it took away ne activasion: 

So i think each download counts as one activasion no matter if its on the same PC/Sever or not

Not.
One activation per software with hardware.

If you (or your VPS provider) upgraded VPS pr computer (hardware), or if some big Windows 10 update (software) so it costs one activation.
But if no one did nothing so you can use one activation per PC for all Metatrader instances installed on this PC.
Besides, we can copy the product from one Market forder of one Metatrader to an other Market folder of an other Metatrader (copy product from one Metatrader to an other one within one PC)1 - and activation will not be lost (I checked it several month ago).

Alexander Reuterswärd #:

Where do you see the number of activations left. The 3 of 5?

Mauritz Lourens #: Where do you see the number of activations left. The 3 of 5?
On your profile's Purchases page!
Reason: