LotSize Calculation Issue

hi Friends

i am stuck with one ea. i need some calculation for Parital Close. for Example ... if i am making in EURUSD 100 Usd Profit and i am Lossing 200 USD in USDCHF.

i want to close USDCHF LotSize  Equal to 100 usd Loss from 200 usd?

for example

EURUSD =+100;  USDCHF =-200;

I WANT TO KNOW HOW MUCH LOT SIZE I I NEED TO CLOSE from USDCHF Which will be Equal to -100 Loss Remainig?

i will be very thanksful. if any one answer me quick

Regards

Muhammad Mudasir

You want to remove 100 USD risk in USDCHF. Compute it just like your initial lot calculation.
Risk depends on your initial stop loss, lot size, and the value of the pair.
  • You place the stop where it needs to be - where the reason for the trade is no longer valid. E.g. trading a support bounce the stop goes below the support.
  • Account Balance * percent/100 = RISK = OrderLots * (|OrderOpenPrice - OrderStopLoss| * DeltaPerLot + CommissionPerLot) (Note OOP-OSL includes the SPREAD, and DeltaPerLot is usually around $10/pip but it takes account of the exchange rates of the pair vs. your account currency.)
  • Do NOT use TickValue by itself - DeltaPerLot and verify that MODE_TICKVALUE is returning a value in your deposit currency, as promised by the documentation, or whether it is returning a value in the instrument's base currency (EUR, in this case).
              MODE_TICKVALUE is not reliable on non-fx instruments with many brokers.
  • You must normalize lots properly and check against min and max.
  • You must also check FreeMargin to avoid stop out
Most pairs are worth about $10 per PIP. A $5 risk with a (very small) 5 PIP SL is $5/$10/5=0.1 Lots maximum.

whroeder1:
You want to remove 100 USD risk in USDCHF. Compute it just like your initial lot calculation.

if there are multiple positions for example 10 trades and we are lossing 10 mltiple trades sum =-100. then how to be close?

If the worst loosing trade is less then sum, close it completely. Repeat

whroeder1:
If the worst loosing trade is less then sum, close it completely. Repeat

the problem is that if i want to close -100 from multiple positions based on correct figures.  

How can closing based on correct figures be a problem?

You must define what you mean by correct figures. I gave what I thought you meant. Be clear in your postings.

Reason: