Signal Providers' broker uses different Symbol name than what my Broker uses

Hello Everyone!

I want to subscribe to one of the Signal providers on this site, the signal provider recommends that I use their broker because their broker uses a specific symbol name for S&P500 (S&P.fs). I'm okay with signing up with the Signal providers' broker only if they'd let me sign up with them (I'm based in Ontario, Canada - the signal providers' broker is from Australia and for some compliance reasons/restrictions they are not able to accept customers from Ontario, Canada)

My broker uses a different symbol name for S&P 500, is there any way I can do the symbol mapping and still subscribe to this signal with my broker even though the symbols are different?

Please advise, Thanks to everyone in Advance!

There is FAQ about the signals here and it is written here that different names of same symbol should be accepted.
But, anyway - I am suggesting to you to confirm with the service desk the situation with S&P 500 for example.

Sergey Golubev:

There is FAQ about the signals here and it is written here that different names of same symbol should be accepted.
But, anyway - I am suggesting to you to confirm with the service desk the situation with S&P 500 for example.

Thank you Sergey, i’ve been through the FAQ, but it doesn’t answer my question. I’ve written to Service Desk, lets see what they say.

This is the error i’m getting in MT4 Journal

2017.12.04 16:01:14.498: Signal - #52517970 buy 0.17 S&P.fs at 2637.90 tp: 2647.60 skipped as no symbol found

My broker uses S&P500 as the symbol name, whereas my signal providers broker uses S&P.fs

jasdeep89:
Thank you Sergey, i’ve been through the FAQ, but it doesn’t answer my question. I’ve written to Service Desk, lets see what they say.

This is the error i’m getting in MT4 Journal

2017.12.04 16:01:14.498: Signal - #52517970 buy 0.17 S&P.fs at 2637.90 tp: 2647.60 skipped as no symbol found

My broker uses S&P500 as the symbol name, whereas my signal providers broker uses S&P.fs

As I see from the above FAQ, the mapping can only work for 6 character symbols, like EURUSD.lmax, EURUSD.axi. As S&P.fs has only 3 characters of symbol name (S&P), the mapping cannot work. And also it would search for something like S&P.* 

Anyway, I also would like to have a solution for this. For example a simple setting in MT4 would be sufficient, like saying that "please map S&P.fs to  S&P500". Would be great to have this feature in MT4.

Early I read about the latest MT5 build which was released this month, now I'm thinking if MT5 could allow mapping of any symbol as long as they are similar to one an other, or MT5 users will just have to create custom symbol which are similar to their signal provider.

Also if MT5 can allow their user to copy MT4 signal provider and not vice versa. That will be cool and will push many user to migrate to MT5

Reason: