Feed mt5 tester with custom parameter setting lists

Hi,

I want to test various different parameters on my systems on different two time periods and output results. Is there possibility to feed mt5 tester with custom parameter list and output results? I think I need about ~20 000 tests, so changing manually parameter values by one is not a choise.  Tried to do with full optimization, however I am forced to use big parameter step, and that is a problem, I need more  scattered single variable values, not just let's say 5 or 10 replicated values. Other way what I tried was to run full optimization with smaller parameter step from huge list (until mt5 tester limit of 100 million reached before genetic otpimization applied) and stop manually after wanted number of tests reached, however mt5 tester is not testing randomly from full parameter space list, it has some order, and last variables is not touched for a long time. For me it is a problem too. Is there some work around/custom programming to achieve this?  The image is attached what exactly data I need. With this data I wanna do test like "system parameter permutation" on seen and unseen data samples. Hope I made this post clear :) Thanks

what I need

Irmantas Uikis:

Hi,

I want to test various different parameters on my systems on different two time periods and output results. Is there possibility to feed mt5 tester with custom parameter list and output results? I think I need about ~20 000 tests, so changing manually parameter values by one is not a choise.  Tried to do with full optimization, however I am forced to use big parameter step, and that is a problem, I need more  scattered single variable values, not just let's say 5 or 10 replicated values. Other way what I tried was to run full optimization with smaller parameter step from huge list (until mt5 tester limit of 100 million reached before genetic otpimization applied) and stop manually after wanted number of tests reached, however mt5 tester is not testing randomly from full parameter space list, it has some order, and last variables is not touched for a long time. For me it is a problem too. Is there some work around/custom programming to achieve this?  The image is attached what exactly data I need. With this data I wanna do test like "system parameter permutation" on seen and unseen data samples. Hope I made this post clear :) Thanks

Yes! Please read the documentation on running MetaTrader from the Command Line with a Custom Configuration file: https://www.metatrader5.com/en/terminal/help/start_advanced/start

However, if you have the source code, you can also build the parameter permutations set in the code itself (for example in an array) and then just run optimisation with just the set index number as the only variable to step through.

Platform Start - For Advanced Users - Getting Started - MetaTrader 5 Help
Platform Start - For Advanced Users - Getting Started - MetaTrader 5 Help
  • www.metatrader5.com
After installation, a group of programs of the trading platform is added to the Start menu, and the program shortcut is created on the desktop. Use them to run the platform. Two copies of the platform cannot run from the same directory. If you need to run multiple copies at the same time, install the appropriate number of programs in different...

Thank you Fernando! It was very helpful. I think I will go with option 2 :)

Reason: