How to show more bars before the 1970?

Hi, I have monthly historical data for GBPUSD as from the 1900. When I import the historical data file, MT4 does not show before the 1970. I changed the max bars in history and chart to 250000, but the same issue. Sorry for my english. Help me please.

In MT4 the time is stored in datetime variables. From documentation:

The datetime type is intended for storing the date and time as the number of seconds elapsed since January 01, 1970. This type occupies 8 bytes of memory.

https://docs.mql4.com/basis/types/integer/datetime
Datetime Type - Integer Types - Data Types - Language Basics - MQL4 Reference
Datetime Type - Integer Types - Data Types - Language Basics - MQL4 Reference
  • docs.mql4.com
Constants of the date and time can be represented as a literal string, which consists of 6 parts showing the numerical value of the year, month, day (or day, month, year), hours, minutes and seconds. The constant is enclosed in single quotation marks and starts with the D character. Values range from 1 January, 1970 to 31...

Jose Francisco Casado Fernandez:

In MT4 the time is stored in datetime variables. From documentation:

The datetime type is intended for storing the date and time as the number of seconds elapsed since January 01, 1970. This type occupies 8 bytes of memory.

https://docs.mql4.com/basis/types/integer/datetime

so, there is no solution, right? :(

sadas asfasd:

so, there is no solution, right? :(

I'm afraid not.  Regards.

Jose Francisco Casado Fernandez:
I'm afraid not.  Regards.

thank you bro, what about mt5? 

sadas asfasd:

thank you bro, what about mt5? 

Exactly the same.  You are welcome.  Regards.

sadas asfasd:
Hi, I have monthly historical data for GBPUSD as from the 1900. When I import the historical data file, MT4 does not show before the 1970. I changed the max bars in history and chart to 250000, but the same issue. Sorry for my english. Help me please.

There is not point whatsoever to bother with historical data prior to 2008-2010, when forex changed rapidly due to the huge expansion of retail trading.

Reason: