Cannot load purchased market ea getting error cannot load c:\...\ea.ex4

Hi

This has happened 2-3 times and is killing my available active licenses.

Every now and then I get prompted for my password and unable to load my purchased EA.

This time it was a result of a windows update.  But this is very frustrating as it is causing me to burn through my available licensing.

Can the profile be fixed so I don't have to re-activate my ea.  I think I have only 1/7 activation's left.  Yet I only really have 2 instances that I use.

2-3 have been used due to unknown profile corruptions.  Which means I will have to purchase the ea again.

My question is, can a corrupted active profile be restored or fixed?

Is it safer to run the EA with the portable switch so it is not dependent on user profile?

Also I saw a profile command line somewhere, can this be used to point to another user profile instance of meta trader, instead of the newly created profile?

Also can these licenses be backed up, and restored correctly?  This EA was not cheap and I do not want to have to pay for it again!

Thanks again.

slowlikepanda: This has happened 2-3 times and is killing my available active licenses.

Every now and then I get prompted for my password and unable to load my purchased EA.

This time it was a result of a windows update.  But this is very frustrating as it is causing me to burn through my available licensing.

Can the profile be fixed so I don't have to re-activate my ea.  I think I have only 1/7 activation's left.  Yet I only really have 2 instances that I use.

2-3 have been used due to unknown profile corruptions.  Which means I will have to purchase the ea again.

My question is, can a corrupted active profile be restored or fixed?

Is it safer to run the EA with the portable switch so it is not dependent on user profile?

Also I saw a profile command line somewhere, can this be used to point to another user profile instance of meta trader, instead of the newly created profile?

Also can these licenses be backed up, and restored correctly?  This EA was not cheap and I do not want to have to pay for it again!

Please read the following related threads:

Also, contact Service Desk if you need further assistance on the matter.

Attention: Windows 10 Creators Update to make saved MetaTrader passwords invalid
Attention: Windows 10 Creators Update to make saved MetaTrader passwords invalid
  • www.mql5.com
Attention: Windows 10 Creators Update to make saved MetaTrader passwords invalidOn the 11th of April, Microsoft will release the Windows 10 Creator...

Thanks Fernando, this was exactly what I was looking for.

Reason: