The incredible resilience of MT4 vs MT5. - page 3

nicholi shen:

Python has wrappers for almost every crypto-exchange API. Learn python so you can stop trading CFDs with predatory slippage/spreads/commissions and start trading actual BTC.

Thats great to know about Python. Awesome. However Im too deep into trying to get paid with MT4 and first need to get rewarded about MT4 time investment before learning mt5 or python or anything else, thats my point about why mt5 is having problems with new users. They gotta realize time invested (most precious thing on planet) and how hard the game is on its own (most fail by a lot) and on top of that learning to program for new traders (a lot more impossible to do on your own than most would anticipate) However I must admit that the thought of trading directly from the Debian Terminal just makes me beyond happy, too bad cant be done with MT5, maybe can be done somehow with Python and these new exchanges API's. One of them's got to be legit; seems to me there]s just too many instruments unlocked with the API's route. The only crypto exchange for MT with lots of instruments that I've seen (30ish crypto) is JAFX and they are already at 3 stars at FPA, I already had a bad one with them as well so stay away from JAFX. Less broker fees and all of these new instruments/exchanges/possibilities is definitely why I'm (and probably many others) are also probably thinking API's > MT5 in 2019. 

I do not understand why some are worry about the mt5 upgrade.

I love mt5 then mt4 

but upgrade to mt5 was something else but am glad i did it.

it makes things easy. 

There is always bad(bug) in everything(be it new or old ),

it can be perfect today and tomorrow is something else. 

mt5 give you more control than mt4.

and change is the only consent thing in life.(i do understand some don't want new things(change) ),

and any one promising that change will be easy is a lair. 

Am just saying 

Hakim Precious:

I do not understand why some are worry about the mt5 upgrade.

I love mt5 then mt4 

but upgrade to mt5 was something else but am glad i did it.

it makes things easy. 

There is always bad(bug) in everything(be it new or old ),

it can be perfect today and tomorrow is something else. 

mt5 give you more control than mt4.

and change is the only consent thing in life.(i do understand some don't want new things(change) ),

and any one promising that change will be easy is a lair. 

Am just saying 

Will hopefully get there someday 

nadiawicket:MT5 has novelty language written all over it there is no excuse they dont just update MT4 with most important things.

That wouldn't even be an issue if they didn't break the first law of computer engineering: make it backwards compatible!

To make a version of a computer program incompatible with the previous one is just... pure genius.

Pimpinela:

That wouldn't even be an issue if they didn't break the first law of computer engineering: make it backwards compatible!

To make a version of a computer program incompatible with the previous one is just... pure genius.

Not so uncommon :

• when microsoft upgraded visual studio from 6 to .net, had to rewrite all the apps - every single one ("automatic" conversion just made a mess and left 1000s of "errors")
... and so on ...

You're right, that's precisely my point, it's amazing that companies are still making the same mistake being already in the 21st century. I understand MT5 is quite old by today and they've have about a decade to fix this incompatibility issue :-/

It's not an incompatibility issue, It is two different languages.

There were not meant to be compatible.

It's no mistake.

Marco vd Heijden:

It's not an incompatibility issue, It is two different languages.

There were not meant to be compatible.

It's no mistake.
Why is MQL4 and 5 two different languages? The syntax is still the same.

One is event oriented while the latter is object oriented. More than different languages, actually close relatives since one is C and the other is C++, what makes them really different is the whole architecture paradigm: events vs objects. This would *really* be a fun debate x-D

Adding the MQL4 compiler in the MQL5 bundle is as easy as we include any module with the #include statement in our code. That would allow to use any source code we want/need. But then again, business decisions don't have to be in the customers best interest ;-)

lippmaje:
Why is MQL4 and 5 two different languages? The syntax is still the same.

The order process also differs this was about when that FIFO stuff was happening so they had to make the new system compliant.

It's all just slightly more complicated then looking at it as if it was just a simple upgrade.

Reason: