Discussion of article "Analysing Candlestick Patterns"

New article Analysing Candlestick Patterns is published:

Construction of Japanese candlestick chart and analysis of candlestick patterns constitute an amazing area of technical analysis. The advantage of candlesticks is that they represent data in such a manner that you can track the dynamics inside the data. In this article we analyze candlestick types, classification of candlestick patterns and present an indicator that can determine candlestick patterns.

Analysing Candlestick Patterns

Author: Dmitry

Great article, looking forward for your next one. I am curious what indicators you are going to use it with.

I have a question:

Why are you not clarifying the difference between opening Marubozu  and closing Marubozu?

Rosh

Thank you for such a fantastic article.... It helps me a lot.. 

Thanks allot for setting the standard, a very high standard if I may add as well.

It is very difficult to label something when other people perceive things differently. I believe this will start to align the misperceptions of various candle sticks.

Please note I picked up a very small drawing bug at your abandoned baby (lol)...it is abandoned hahaha

DrawSignal(prefix+"Abandoned Baby the bull model"+string(objcount++),cand1,cand1,cand3,InpColorBull,comment);

I might be wrong but the second cand1 should have been a cand2, right?

Very interesting. I try to call a function of  RecognizeCandle(_Symbol,_Period,time[0],10,cand1) into Expert Advisor but return by 0 value. Anyone can help to resolve this problem? My intention to get string value of candlestick pattern i.e cand1.type==CAND_INVERT_HAMMER.

Hello 

I want the Full CandleSticks Pattern in One Forex Strategy if Possible ..And if Possible i want it in Java .

Wael_Zaghariet@hotmail.com 

its a very good  article and a useful indicator.while  compiling  it   gives an error

bool _language=TerminalInfoInteger (TERMINAL_LANGUAGE)== 1251; // Russian language of the terminal

'TERMINAL_LANGUAGE' - can't convert enum .

Anybody or the author  plz help.

thank you.

Asif:

its a very good  article and a useful indicator.while  compiling  it   gives an error

bool _language=TerminalInfoInteger (TERMINAL_LANGUAGE)== 1251; // Russian language of the terminal

'TERMINAL_LANGUAGE' - can't convert enum .

Anybody or the author  plz help.

thank you.

This error has been fixed. Please, download the updated attachments.

konung:
This error has been fixed. Please, download the updated attachments.

Please help.

Is this the correct(ed) <candlestick_patterns.mq5> file on   https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/101 ?

I get these (build 712) two MetaEditor compiler error messages (other two files no problem):
'SERIES_SYNCRONIZED' - undeclared identifier candlestick_patterns.mq5 84 37
'SeriesInfoInteger' - no one of the overloads can be applied to the function call candlestick_patterns.mq5 84 8

An attempt to download the file from the Russian webpage   https://www.mql5.com/ru/articles/101   gives error:

Запрашиваемая страница не найдена
Проверьте правильность пути и попробуйте заново

Thanks at forhand for your help!

SERIES_SYNCHRONIZED

not

SERIES_SYNCRONIZED

It's A Miss Spelling In The candlestick_patterns.mq5  file

Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Trade Constants / History Database Properties
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Trade Constants / History Database Properties - Documentation on MQL5

its really an amazing work done by u. can u please code this in mq4 format
Reason: