Delete history to duplicate candle open

Hi programmers,

Would this work? 

An indicator uses the OnTick function to calculate the logic. If I go back in the history center and delete all chart history from a symbol after the first candle M1 open.

Will the chart readjust the indicator to use the first minute tick data? I also blocked incoming data from updating the chart so the only history would be in the data center.

If this makes sense, 

Step 1 - Delete chart history M1 from symbol after 00:00 hours (Eg: 00:01 -->)

Step 2 - Refresh the chart

Step 3 - Would the output of the chart indicators show the first minute of data?

Nathan Moss:

Hi programmers,

Would this work? 

An indicator uses the OnTick function to calculate the logic. If I go back in the history center and delete all chart history from a symbol after the first candle M1 open.

Will the chart readjust the indicator to use the first minute tick data? I also blocked incoming data from updating the chart so the only history would be in the data center.

If this makes sense, 

Step 1 - Delete chart history M1 from symbol after 00:00 hours (Eg: 00:01 -->)

Step 2 - Refresh the chart

Step 3 - Would the output of the chart indicators show the first minute of data?

You are basing your query on an incorrect or false premise - Indicators do not use the OnTick() event, they use the OnCalculate() event which works very differently. OnTick() is used by EAs, not Indicators!

Fernando Carreiro:

You are basing your query on an incorrect or false premise - Indicators do not use the OnTick() event, they use the OnCalculate() event which works very differently. OnTick() is used by EAs, not Indicators!

good point, thanks for pointing that out however does the general idea work or not?

No but you can use

ChartNavigate(...
Function.

Marco vd Heijden:

No but you can use

Function.
Hi Marco, thanks for taking the time to reply. Okay I see you have used a function that would work. I will not be able to program a code. Thank you 

Nathan Moss: Hi Marco, thanks for taking the time to reply. Okay I see you have used a function that would work. I will not be able to program a code. Thank you 

What is the underlying reason for your query? What is it you are trying to achieve?

I ask, because it makes no sense!

Are you just trying to "synchronise" the indicator with the beginning of the day, is that it?

If so, then a minor change to the Indicator's code can make that possible!

Fernando Carreiro:

What is the underlying reason for your query? What is it you are trying to achieve?

I ask, because it makes no sense!

Are you just trying to "synchronise" the indicator with the beginning of the day, is that it?

If so, then a minor change to the Indicator's code can make that possible!

Yes correct, However only the ex4 is available. No source code.

Nathan Moss: Yes correct, However only the ex4 is available. No source code.

I make it a point never to use closed-source Indicators or EA's - EVER! Doing so, is putting one's trading, in someone else's hands.

If I happen to come across something of interest, I try to study how it works and then code my own version.

Reason: