Discussion of article "Implementing a Scalping Market Depth Using the CGraphic Library"

New article Implementing a Scalping Market Depth Using the CGraphic Library has been published:

In this article, we will create the basic functionality of a scalping Market Depth tool. Also, we will develop a tick chart based on the CGraphic library and integrate it with the order book. Using the described Market Depth, it will be possible to create a powerful assistant tool for short-term trading.

The introduction of new possibilities allowed to greatly modernize our previous Market Depth. Now, in addition to the order book, a tick chart with Last trades can be displayed in the new version:

Fig. 1. Market Depth with a tick chart.

Author: Vasiliy Sokolov

Hi Vasiliy,

I really enjoyed the article, it opened my eyes. Please, write a follow up article on how to use the DOM for scalping. I am really interested in how you would approach scalping with this tool.

Thanks a million for this and all your other work.

Shep

I found your article very interesting. I will try to take inspiration from it to improve myself. Thank you

MetaQuotes Software Corp.:

New article Implementing a Scalping Market Depth Using the CGraphic Library has been published:

Author: Vasiliy Sokolov

Thank you.  This is a great tool.  Very easy to modify.

"Each such class has a common parent, the CNode class, which performs only one function, i.e. stores the type of the basic primitive. 
Its only protected constructor requires type specification during element creation." 

CNode class doesn't stores the type of the basic primitive.   CEIChart does by m_obj_type member.

Thanks Vasiliy

Hi Vasiliy, thank you for your beautiful article. I'm new in the MQL5 world and I'm facing a challenge in order to try to run your code locally. I believe it is a very silly problem, but I'm not being able to solve it

When I try to compile your code from MarketBook.mq5 I got the error as you can see below.

Can you please help me solve this problem?

This is the error I'm facing. Can you help me?
Files:
Error.jpg  365 kb

apezzatto #:
This is the error I'm facing. Can you help me?

File: MBookBtn.mqh
~line 57

CMBookBtn::Event(int id,long lparam,double dparam,string sparam)

The void is missing. Just add it bevor the line, like so:

void CMBookBtn::Event(int id,long lparam,double dparam,string sparam)

Compile without errors. ;)

Cheers!
Reason: